Thread: short shocks for the 1150

short shocks for the 1150

Just a short note that I am selling the shortening kit for my R1150gs..... Works Performance Shocks.
    I am 5'3" and these made it possible for me to ride that bike anywhere I wanted to. Right up until I lowsided her. (oops)

Sorry for the spam. I am also listing this on the Flea market.

<<<EMAIL SUE>>>
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Just a short note that I am selling the shortening kit for my R1150gs..... Works Performance Shocks.
    I am 5'3" and these made it possible for me to ride that bike anywhere I wanted to. Right up until I lowsided her. (oops)

Sorry for the spam. I am also listing this on the Flea market.

<<<EMAIL SUE>>>
    Well, not quite everywhere a person ought to want to ride that bike, but that would be piling on misfortune so I won't but wish I could.

Get back on that real BMW and ride the heck out of that K75. And get your butt and the rest of yourself down here to the Big Bend so I can make sure that K75 is safe for you to ride. For references, ask Harmonica Bob how sweet it is down here. He'll tell you. I might even forget how "average" you are, or at least quit publicizing the fact my dear friend, Very Average Sue!!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Well, not quite everywhere a person ought to want to ride that bike, but that would be piling on misfortune so I won't but wish I could.

Get back on that real BMW and ride the heck out of that K75. And get your butt and the rest of yourself down here to the Big Bend so I can make sure that K75 is safe for you to ride. For references, ask Harmonica Bob how sweet it is down here. He'll tell you. I might even forget how "average" you are, or at least quit publicizing the fact my dear friend, Very Average Sue!!
    There are only a few people who could tease me about my misfortune ... and you are one of them.

The K75 may need a new Master Cylinder, I am afraid. The front brake lever has little-to-no compression. We cleaned out the handlebar connection, which was full of icky, goopy spew. (Paul - - These are technical terms you may not be familiar with.) Cleaning that did help to some degree.... but I see a winter project with my brakes.
    On the other hand - - who the hell needs brakes, anyway?

I am healing fine after the near-death experience. Who knew you could lose 2 liters of blood into your abdomen THAT quickly? I would love a trip to Big Bend - - that darned thing about not having enough vacation time keeps rearing its ugly head. (sigh)
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.