Thread: Advanced Search Feature

Advanced Search Feature

I would have used it to get answers on how to use the Advanced Search feature, but I rate it at 1/100.

So what magical terms do you have to enter if you want to perform a search for "Steering Head Bearings - R100 GS".

I got answers to just about everything else but the above. But that doesn't surprise me; some forums have totally useless search engines.

The forum search engine is definitely broken...it's been mentioned quite a few times and is on the list for the office to fix. Just have to wait a bit.

I've been using google's site search feature. Go to google and type "site:bmwmoa.org xxxx" where xxxx is what you're searching for. You can use quotes around xxxx to help isolate your search phrase. I've been having pretty good luck with that.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

there are two boating forums I participate in that use that suggestion also. It does work, but I forgot it here.
    Janda
    2011 R1200R

Good News!

The search index database was rebuilt a couple of times and seems to be working much better! I've tried searching a bit and it seems to pull back a lot of info. I did this with the search box within a given forum as well as the main search box on the forum home page. There are advanced features to try in either case.

Happy searching! If you're having some issues or think something is missing, post something here. It may miss a few things here and there, but by in large, search seems to be working.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    The search index database was rebuilt a couple of times and seems to be working much better! I've tried searching a bit and it seems to pull back a lot of info. I did this with the search box within a given forum as well as the main search box on the forum home page. There are advanced features to try in either case.

Happy searching! If you're having some issues or think something is missing, post something here. It may miss a few things here and there, but by in large, search seems to be working.
    Yeah Kurt, things do seem to have improved. If any of the members have searched for something in the past, maybe they could try again and see how it works for them.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program