Thread: Reynolds Stand Part Numbers

Hybrid View

Reynolds Stand Part Numbers

I just picked up a very clean almost all original 1982 R100rs with 26,000 original miles.
    I also have a 1985 K100rs.
    I have years of previous experience with another K100rs, also 1985 and a previously owned 1981 R100rs.
    I felt very fortunate to have found this beautiful R100rs. It does have some mods, but nothing major. It has progressive front springs & Koni rears. Also has a Brown side stand.
    It has been many years since I had my first R100rs....but I don't remember that it was THIS difficult to operate the center stand. It is a HUGE heft to get it up and almost impossible to over center it to get it down. Obviously, I can weld up the stops to make it stay closer to the over center point when up.
    I understand that this is a common complaint on this model.
    I'm intending on replacing it with a Reynolds ride off stand although I won't be riding off it.
    I have searched and searched trying to find a list of original part numbers for the Reynolds stand. I currently have a bid in at Ebay for one listed as 81-84. It's a 328. In searching the flea market here, I find a member is advertising a 338 for this application.
    Can anyone here tell me which is correct????
    Thanks, Regards, Ibjman

Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Hmmm. My '82 RS is nigh impossible to center stand alone. It's a lesson in how to injure the top of your hand and more. Totally impossible with luggage loaded and on.

I wonder what "* See the special note on page 8" says about that stand?
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

Let's see...

I guess one thing you're going to need to know is the P/N of the stand when you find one. Is the number stamped into the part somewhere
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

If you go to that website and back up the URL by deleting the last portion of it in your browser, you can get to all the pages of the brochure. That's what Lew did. Or you can go to Duane's website page and search for Reynolds in his search box.

IIRC, the '82s had one of the more pitifull centerstands...hernia producing. A kit came out which, of course, is NLA.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

No longer a member here
    Beware of the Reynold's ride-off stand! You will not be able to park the bike with either front or rear wheel in the air. It becomes a chore when you start cleaning the wheels or adding air and try to find the valve or have any other maintenance or repair work done where you would want to have the front or rear tire raised off the ground. I bought my R100S with a Reynold's and I learned to hate it so much that I will change back to a stock centerstand this winter for which I have finally aquired all necessary parts.
    Are you sure, your rear shocks are stock length?
    Last edited by EMSimon; 09-17-2013 at 09:06 PM.