Thread: Travel Funnel

Travel Funnel

For some reason I think I remember seeing an "L" shaped funnel that rolls up for storage when on the road. Anyone know where something like this may be found? I have found the simple coned shaped ones but I wonder how well that works on the K1200GT.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

New Pig corporation sells what is a ruber coated peice of lead that can be shaped as needed. I also like to use the waxed paper cone shaped cups that are used on the big drinking water/Gatoraide coolers.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

travel funnel

Tractorsupply sells a flexible spout that fits oil bottles. Rolled up in a paper towel, it fits neatly under the seat.
    The Lonerider

Quote Originally Posted by LONERIDER View Post
    Tractorsupply sells a flexible spout that fits oil bottles. Rolled up in a paper towel, it fits neatly under the seat.
    The Lonerider
    Great, I will check that out this weekend.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

A simple thing I have come to use that is always easily found and works ever so well for my K RS

A simple 20oz or so water from nearly any brand. This is what I do at home or on the road

If you need to add oil on the road, stop, buy a water and drink it. Then take your knife or whatever and cut a hole in the side of the bottle near the bottom about the size of a silver dollar.

Remove your oil filler cap, screw the bottle in the hole. Almost a perfect fit. Twist so the hole you cut is facing up. Add oil through the hole you cut. The bottle fits in the oil hole tight enough it is self supporting. Once finished tip the bottle up so last of the oil drains in. Remove it and throw away/recycle it.

I actually prefer this at home as the clean up is a lot easier than dealing will a dripping funnel.

Hope this helps ya

NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

What is wrong with these designers?

Quote Originally Posted by ncstephen View Post
    A simple thing I have come to use that is always easily found and works ever so well for my K RS

A simple 20oz or so water from nearly any brand. This is what I do at home or on the road

If you need to add oil on the road, stop, buy a water and drink it. Then take your knife or whatever and cut a hole in the side of the bottle near the bottom about the size of a silver dollar.

Remove your oil filler cap, screw the bottle in the hole. Almost a perfect fit. Twist so the hole you cut is facing up. Add oil through the hole you cut. The bottle fits in the oil hole tight enough it is self supporting. Once finished tip the bottle up so last of the oil drains in. Remove it and throw away/recycle it.

I actually prefer this at home as the clean up is a lot easier than dealing will a dripping funnel.

Hope this helps ya

NCS
    That is an excellent tip there.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

Quote Originally Posted by jeffd View Post
    That is an excellent tip there.
    Thanks,
    +1 on the bottle tip
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Stop by a Honda shop. They have a 3 pack of "Fast Funnel" for about $2.

http://prohondaoils.com/maintenance/...-fast_funnels/
    Bill M
    Fort Myers Florida
    1975 R75/5, 1978 R80/7
    1989 K100rs, 2004 K1200GT