Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 911 working on GSW?

  1. #1
    OLD BULL
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Livonia MI
    Posts
    24

    Question 911 working on GSW?

    Just got new GSW. First bike to really stir my soul since I sold my Maico in 1983.

    I heard that the 911 diagnostic unit will not work on it. I have researched their web site and there is no specific reference to the GSW one way or another. I have been able to service my other boxers without the 911 to date, but it seems I will need to reset the service reminder indicator someway on the GSW.

    Does anyone here have know if or when the 911 will work on the GSW?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    23
    Tom
    2013 K1600GT

  3. #3
    Registered User Paladinwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    BC South Central Interior
    Posts
    85
    2008 HP2 Sport 10,000, 2008 R1200GSA 90,000, 1990 R100GSPD 100,000, 1986 K100RS 152,000

  4. #4
    Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,182
    The HexCode people are working this. I had one for the "Wethead DVD" and it is pretty outstanding. The GS911 WiFi works great on any computer with WiFi and is pretty slick. They should be out soon.

    Jim

  5. #5
    On the Road
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Posts
    29
    It is going to generate its own WiFi and be able to communicate with Iphones and Ipads (not now possible). With you might be able to plug in, put some safety tape on it and get live data while you ride . Anyway, like the man says it's coming. I bet next summer. Suppose to be backward compatible with all the bikes except the three prong connector type of way back. Save your current GS-911 for that.

  6. #6
    Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by beecher View Post
    It is going to generate its own WiFi and be able to communicate with Iphones and Ipads (not now possible). With you might be able to plug in, put some safety tape on it and get live data while you ride . Anyway, like the man says it's coming. I bet next summer. Suppose to be backward compatible with all the bikes except the three prong connector type of way back. Save your current GS-911 for that.
    I've tested it on nearly everything and it works fine. Great concept, and very user friendly. It will give live data. No reason why you couldn't put it on, mount your wifi compatible phone and use it.

    Jim

  7. #7
    Registered User BlackdogGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Zillah WA
    Posts
    99
    I need to hook up with someone that upgraded to WC so I can buy their old 911. I had though about moving up from my 2010 GS but decided to put more miles on it first.

  8. #8
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,510
    Quote Originally Posted by jimvonbaden View Post
    The HexCode people are working this. I had one for the "Wethead DVD" and it is pretty outstanding. The GS911 WiFi works great on any computer with WiFi and is pretty slick. They should be out soon.
    In the process of doing some editorial on the product, I've learned that the next iteration of the GS-911 will support wi-fi, and with that will come a lot of changes.

    This gadget is supposed to be available in March, 2014.

    Note that the Hexcode people talk about their product operating in two modes: Full and emergency. Full is with their Windows app and does a whole ton of stuff. Emergency is things like reading and resetting error codes and other roadside doctoring.

    Here's what I was told:

    a) That FULL functionality will be implemented on the GS-911 wifi device for the K001 chassis type bikes (all new style LIN bikes such as the K1600 and Liquid Cooled)

    b) Emergency functionality for all K1X and K24 chassis types (all the models and functionality that you will find in the current Android APP) will be implemented in the GS-911 wifi device (this may not happen in 2014)

    c) following that, the remainder of the functionality (service functionality) of the K1X and K24 models will be added to the GS-911 wifi device

    Hope this helps.

    Ian

    ps => I don't know what K1X and K24 chassis types means.....
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    ________________________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

  9. #9
    Cam Killer marchyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    3,402
    K14: F 650 CS
    K15: G 650 X{challenge,moto,country}
    K16: G 450 X
    K18: C 600 Sport
    K19: C 650 GT

    Don't know what the K24 is. Perhaps the R-nineT?

  10. #10
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    In the process of doing some editorial on the product, I've learned that the next iteration of the GS-911 will support wi-fi, and with that will come a lot of changes.

    This gadget is supposed to be available in March, 2014.

    Note that the Hexcode people talk about their product operating in two modes: Full and emergency. Full is with their Windows app and does a whole ton of stuff. Emergency is things like reading and resetting error codes and other roadside doctoring.

    Here's what I was told:

    a) That FULL functionality will be implemented on the GS-911 wifi device for the K001 chassis type bikes (all new style LIN bikes such as the K1600 and Liquid Cooled)

    b) Emergency functionality for all K1X and K24 chassis types (all the models and functionality that you will find in the current Android APP) will be implemented in the GS-911 wifi device (this may not happen in 2014)

    c) following that, the remainder of the functionality (service functionality) of the K1X and K24 models will be added to the GS-911 wifi device

    Hope this helps.

    Ian

    ps => I don't know what K1X and K24 chassis types means.....
    So Macs will still be left out in the cold for full functionality?
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  11. #11
    Cam Killer marchyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    So Macs will still be left out in the cold for full functionality?
    ANY device with a wifi interface and a browser will work with the GS-911wifi for NEW (wetheads, K1600) bikes. The existing bikes (hexheads, etc.) will need the PC app (which I run in a Virtual Box VM running windows on my Mac).

  12. #12
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    ANY device with a wifi interface and a browser will work with the GS-911wifi for NEW bikes. The existing bikes will need the PC app (which I run in a Virtual Box VM running windows on my Mac).
    That sucks


    Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •