Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winners For Jack Riepe's MOA Column: Choosing The Best Riding Partner...

Winners For Jack Riepe's MOA Column: Choosing The Best Riding Partner...

There were three winners in my recent Owners News (ON) column: Choosing The Best Riding Partner. Each winner received an autographed copy of my book, "Conversations With A Motorcycle." The winners were Frank Curtis, Donald Grant, and Lee Shreve. Winners were selected at random from a list of names dropped in a Nolan helmet. A fourth, bonus prize, was awarded to Kevin Greenwald, for being the first reader to respond. I like the idea of a prize category like this and it will shift around, from the the first, to the fifth, to the 67th responding reader.

Thanks to everyone who reads my column and likes it. Not everyone does. A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head.

Jack "Reep" Riepe
    Last edited by JackRiepe; 08-19-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Misspelling in Title

Marine By Choice #188306
    Thanks to everyone who reads my column and likes it. Not everyone does. A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head.

Jack "Reep" Riepe[/QUOTE]

Dang, must have REALLY disliked it!

I enjoy your column, Jack. Glad you have time for it.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Quote Originally Posted by Marine By Choice View Post

Jack "Reep" Riepe
    Dang, must have REALLY disliked it![/QUOTE]

LOL! Some people are just excvitable.

Quote Originally Posted by EMOTO View Post
    I enjoy your column, Jack. Glad you have time for it.
    The pleasure is all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JPRiepe View Post

A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head.

Jack "Reep" Riepe
    I think he gets an award for the most creative use of your column. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... What could that be?

Perhaps a contest to decide what prize would be appropriate.

But you failed to mention who the "best riding partner" is.

You know my vote. There is no doubt she was the best!
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sibud View Post
    I think he gets an award for the most creative use of your column. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... What could that be?

Perhaps a contest to decide what prize would be appropriate.

But you failed to mention who the "best riding partner" is.

You know my vote. There is no doubt she was the best!
    Dear Bud:

His prize would be barbecue sauce. I had to pick Kimi as the winner. If I picked Bregstein, I'd have to be comitted.

Dear Bud:

His prize would be barbecue sauce. I had to pick Kimi as the winner. If I picked Bregstein, I'd have to be comitted.
    Jack,

I've always said you had good taste. In this instance, you proved it twice!!!!!!

Ride well my friend.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Was it at least cooked?

"A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head. "
    I believe that this is actually part of an ancient Samoan blessing. Usually the person presenting the head performs a dance which involves a great deal of chest thumping and foot stomping. The dance is frequently followed by either a chest bump (modern adaptation developed by members of the NFL) or crotch arranging (MLB adaptation, usually limited to hurlers) or doing the 'pony' (southeast asian adaptation).
    Note: if the head was not previously smoked using ficus leaves, the recipient can dry the head (after wrapping in used cigar wrappers) for three weeks, after which it is suitable for use as a passenger backrest on K bikes.
    urwelcome

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    Was it at least cooked?
    Dear ClassicVW:

It was cursed. Red on.

Reep

Quote Originally Posted by flars View Post
    "A dissatisfied reader, an "R" bike rider from Samoa, sent me the ripped out pages of my column in the mouth of a severed pig's head. "
    I believe that this is actually part of an ancient Samoan blessing. Usually the person presenting the head performs a dance which involves a great deal of chest thumping and foot stomping. The dance is frequently followed by either a chest bump (modern adaptation developed by members of the NFL) or crotch arranging (MLB adaptation, usually limited to hurlers) or doing the 'pony' (southeast asian adaptation).
    Note: if the head was not previously smoked using ficus leaves, the recipient can dry the head (after wrapping in used cigar wrappers) for three weeks, after which it is suitable for use as a passenger backrest on K bikes.
    urwelcome
    Dear Flars:

It is very disturbing to me when riders of the iconic BMW ? the one with the Boxer engine designed by Pharaoh Immohotep III ? feel compelled to slight the one machine BMW designed from the get-go to have a proper cooling system, the "K" bike. I tried to smoke a pig's head once. It didn't draw properlyand was hard to keep lit.

Sincerely,
    Reep

.......I had to pick Kimi as the winner. ............
    The other two candidates had the same chances as a snowman at the Bloomsburg Rally.
    Last edited by 36654; 08-21-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

The only man who wouldn't like your column probably drinks cosmos & hasn't had the company of a hot wife or 2 like some of us...
    John.

Boxer engine designed by Pharaoh Immohotep III
    The K-bike, with its integral crotch warmer, was designed by Bubbahotep, a Pharaoh accustomed to more southern climates. Thankfully, the King (the one from Memphis) and Jack Kennedy (in disguise) saved us from that unholy tyrant, as documented in the classic Bruce Campbell movie from 2002
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744