Thread: Fuel injecter electrical connection fastener?

Question Fuel injecter electrical connection fastener?

I am installing a Power Commander 3 on my bike.
    Power Commander piggy backs their wire harness on top of the BMW harness.

I have never removed the electrical connection on top of a BMW fuel injecter.
    But, I need to now.

"How do I 'manipulate' this silver wire connector"?

I don't dare break or damage anything.

Last edited by james1300; 08-17-2013 at 05:53 AM.

If I remember correctly you push on the wire clip pushing it to the rightish in your picture. Do not remove the wire clip, just push on it.
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

Thumbs up Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by kioolt View Post
    If I remember correctly you push on the wire clip pushing it to the rightish in your picture. Do not remove the wire clip, just push on it.
    It moved! It acts like it is spring loaded.
    Thank you for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by kioolt View Post
    That's it, that's all. They can be a bit, what is the politically correct word for a female dog..........................oh yeah, a bitch. A good wiggle with the center pressed and they should pop right off. Worst case, very worst, take the spring off and wiggle the connector off. It's usually something stupid and complicated to prevent them from coming off like somebody used a corrosion inhibitor incompatible with the silicone seal inside the connector.

Some time ago, all the German manufacturers got together and decided, "Ya, we screw wit da North Americans and make da connector for our tiny German fingers."

Not to be offensive to anybody, especially the Germans, they make good stuff and are awesome machinists, but I got myself a pair of fat mitts that are supposed to be my fingers. Trying pushing that little thingy when your finger is bigger than the connector.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."