Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Schuberth Helmets

My C3 had one hot spot but is good now and love the helmet after almost 3500 miles. I did have issues with the constant fogging of the sun shade. I had to clean it every two or three days. I sent Schuberth an email and they gave me the option of replacing the shade with a like shade or with a shade with no anti-fog coating. I chose the shade with no coating and have had no problems for three weeks.
    I also read on one of the forums that they have developed a new ratched system for the visor. I asked for it because the visor will no longer stay up. I received it in three days and plan on installing it this weekend.
    The helmet might be quiet but I always ride with foam plugs. I already have tooo much hearing loss from serving on a Navy carrier for 2.5 years and 35 years of a fireman (those sirens can make your eyes water).
    Schuberth customer reps are the best of ANY company I have every dealt with and that says a lot for my 62 years.

My two bits

I have many helmets in my day but lately have had HJC helmets for quite a while. The last being the is16 with integrated chatterbox. Worked great but was getting long of tooth. I made the mistake of trying on the C3 Pro .... Fit like a plush glove. Needless to say rode my RT home with the HJC in the pannier. The C3 Pro was the quietest helmet I've ever worn. I also got the SRC system and the sound system was light years ahead of the chatterbox.

The real reason I'm now a lifetime schuberth customer... Had a low side that turned into a high side. Got tossed like a rag doll. According to the GPS I was carrying a weee too much speed for the corner I was in says I bounced hard for around 600 feet. Earth and sky is all I saw. When it was all done according to all the Dr's ... that helmet saved my life. Just got rid of my last cast yesterday. Got my new 2014 RT on order... Should be here in mid Feb and got a new C3 Pro yesterday. Wahoooooo

Never spare a dime on your gear....and enjoy the ride!!!
    R1200RT
    -----ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES-----

Got one for Christmas!

Must have been a good boy. My first flip up was the original BMW-Schuberth system 1 back in '85, had Shoei, Airoh, and Caberg modulars since and this is by far the quietest & comfyiest right out of the box. Fit and finish is superb. The lack of noise while riding is almost un-nerving. The ventilation system is the first one I could actually feel the air flowing through the channels on the top of my head (granted, it's cold out, but I never felt it in my other helmets). The pin-lock (included) lives up to it's hype, tiny bit of fogging at stoplights but once moving it disappears, even behind a windshield. With my Caberg I had to leave the visor open a little to prevent fogging, and in 15 degree weather my face froze. The C3 I can shut the visor and stay nice and warm. Amazing. I have no interest in communication systems so can't comment on that aspect. Nifty latch mechanism works great. Drawbacks? A little tight to squeeze over my noggin, sun visor could come down another quarter inch, and of course the 7+ big ones price tag. Frankly, if this wasn't a gift I never would have tried one, but now I can't go back. Be like going back to dial up after experiencing high speed internet!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Demo

I did not see anyone else mention it, but Schuberth does show up at dealers occasionally so you can demo any of the helmets.
    I have an AGV that I should be replacing in a couple of years, and tried a couple of the Schuberth helmets for about an hour each.
    My take was that they were somewhat quieter than the AGV, but definitely for me more comfortable.

However, I still plan on trying a couple of other brands. Different manufacturers seem to make helmets to different head shapes. I know people that had Schuberth's, but went to other brands because they fit their head better. And I still believe that a better fit will be quieter.

Unless somebody starts making a sealed helmet system, I think quiet is relative.

Remember, the C3 pro has numerous improvements over the C3 and C2, many in the quest to lower the db. Revzilla has a good video comparing them.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Cowboyatheart

link here

Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    Remember, the C3 pro has numerous improvements over the C3 and C2, many in the quest to lower the db. Revzilla has a good video comparing them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Crdfc_1-o#t=264
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Cowboyatheart

C3 Pro Link

Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Yammer View Post

The real reason I'm now a lifetime schuberth customer... Had a low side that turned into a high side. Got tossed like a rag doll. According to the GPS I was carrying a weee too much speed for the corner I was in says I bounced hard for around 600 feet. Earth and sky is all I saw. When it was all done according to all the Dr's ... that helmet saved my life. Just got rid of my last cast yesterday. Got my new 2014 RT on order... Should be here in mid Feb and got a new C3 Pro yesterday. Wahoooooo

Never spare a dime on your gear....and enjoy the ride!!!
    If you're old Schuberth was damaged in the wreck (sounds like it had to be damaged) they have a helmet replacement program - I think it's something like 50% off.

Glad you're ok!

Thanks. The helmet did better than me. I shattered a bunch of stuff but was surprised how well the helmet did. I definitely felt it hitting hard a few times when I was bouncing on my head. It had a few solid marks of impact but I could find no cracks. Schuberth does have a great warranty, I think they may be the only one to have the kind they do. If you register your helmet and have an accident they will replace it for 1/3 the cost of a new one depending on how old it is think it prorates based on purchase date. Either way that is awesome!

This is also where I will give kudos where it is deserved. I didn't register my helmet....who does that stuff...right. Well when I went to check out a new helmet the shop took it upon themselves to check with Schubert if they would honor the warranty. They did this without me asking for warranty consideration as I knew I screwed up. The website spells out the rules very well. Schuberth said they would. I'm very impressed and was willing to pay full price for a new one. So you do have to hand in the old one, have a copy of your accident report, and a copy of your drivers license. This all made my day.

Just to be sure .... But I think most people know that helmets are a one shot device... Drop it....toss it. They can be damaged in a way invisible to the naked eye.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4
    R1200RT
    -----ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES-----

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    ... how quiet [or noisy] is the Schuberth C3?...
    Quietest helmet I have ever worn. As quiet--without earplugs--as any HJC, my previous favorite. However, I always wear plugs in addition. At city speeds (anything below, say, 40 mph) I can hear myself breathing. Keep in mind though, that quietness depends on lots more than just the helmet.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

We recently bought one of these for my wife, the female version and it is quite simply an amazingly well built helmet, reportedly the most comfortable skid lid she has ever worn and without ear plugs can hear the Sena with no problem at undisclosed speeds with little complaint as to wind noise or buffeting. I may have to retire my Shoei multitec.

RCLou

Ratched System for Your C3 Visor

Quote Originally Posted by sickticket View Post
    I also read on one of the forums that they have developed a new ratched system for the visor. I asked for it because the visor will no longer stay up. I received it in three days and plan on installing it this weekend.
    Schuberth customer reps are the best of ANY company I have every dealt with and that says a lot for my 62 years.

I'm curious: Did the "new ratchet system" solve your C3 visor problem? Mine won't stay up either and I'd like to fix it. I called Schuberth a few months ago and they didn't mention it. Thanks for any assistance.
    Lou
    Oakdale, CA

13. 01-08-2014, 01:40 PM