Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Excellent riding partner

Quote Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
    Will we see a kindle edition?
    Dear Firenailer:

Not in the immediate future. I did a marketing survey of my readers, through my blog ? Twisted Roads ? and less than 1% of respondents were interested in a Kindle edition. A greater number, 12%, was interested in an audio book. That may become a reality, if we can work around my Jersey City accent. Before I die, I am looking to see a three book set of my work in a little box. And I want it in a legitimate library, if it is the last such place in the world.

Thanks for asking.

"Reep."

Quote Originally Posted by bobcowin View Post
    I just tried emailing jpriepe@gmail.com but it bounced back as undeliverable.
    Dear Bob:

Please forgive me. My arthritis is up today and I feel like I am typing with a hammer. My email address is jack.riepe@gmail.com

I left the "dot" out between my first and last name in the address I sent you. I apologize.

Thanks for calling this my attention.

"Reep"

"Yeah, but did he then kick you over the goal posts?"

Dang, that must be where this big crack came from...

The book will go nicely with the original cigar book.

That book, which was read in fine form at my in-laws house over a holiday week, helped me instill a sense of pride in them. The pride that only a fine set of parents can know when gaze upon their son-in-law who is now sitting in their 12 year old easy chair, while enjoying the highest-class gas station cigar. The addition of brandy-sipping, in a Wal-Mart bathrode (the local store for fine cigar jackets had closed three decades prior), next to their faux-wood fireplace, reading the classic Riepe novella ensured my place in their plans for inheritance divisions.

-David Grant, BMW MOA Director emeritus
    (Donald is my Father who does not ride a BMW, but reminiscences about riding his Burgemeister Victoria when stationed in Germany in 1958)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaD View Post
    The book will go nicely with the original cigar book.

That book, which was read in fine form at my in-laws house over a holiday week, helped me instill a sense of pride in them. The pride that only a fine set of parents can know when gaze upon their son-in-law who is now sitting in their 12 year old easy chair, while enjoying the highest-class gas station cigar. The addition of brandy-sipping, in a Wal-Mart bathrode (the local store for fine cigar jackets had closed three decades prior), next to their faux-wood fireplace, reading the classic Riepe novella ensured my place in their plans for inheritance divisions.

-David Grant, BMW MOA Director emeritus
    (Donald is my Father who does not ride a BMW, but reminiscences about riding his Burgemeister Victoria when stationed in Germany in 1958)
    Dear David:

Thank you for saying such nice things about the cigar book. I am thinking about reintroducing the cigar book in a new edition for Christmas. The cover and title have to be redesigned to keep me from being arrested and tried by secret court.

Do you remember the lofty aspirations of the cigar book? Do you recall the gentle, pastoral descriptions of the cigar book? Does the cigar book's blunted humor, suspended in a highly conservative writing style, come to mind? You can pretty much forget that. If you read "Conversations With A Motorcycle" at your in-laws house, aloud, you'll be burned at the stake. This is my most sophisticated, pin-point accurate, and funniest material. But all the cadmium rods have been removed. People are reading this one while standing in police line-ups. Toulouse LauTrek painted the gutter. I learned to ride in it. If my column scores a 5 on the Richter scale, this book is a 62.

You should have your book soon.

When's the movie coming out, and who's going to play Jack?
    2005 R1200RT
    BMWMOA # 143779
    "Positive Habit Transfer is no substitute for Situational Awareness."

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    When's the movie coming out, and who's going to play Jack?
    Dear Reece:

Believe it or not, there have been a couple of soft taps on this by at least one studio. Because of the way the book is written, it lends itself to a screenplay adaptation. While I pictured Vin Diesel or Jason Stratham in my role, a legendary BMW mechanic in eastern Pennsylvania suggested Danny DeVito. I am surrounded by jealous and vicious critics. I will play the role myself if the brunettes are Olga Kurylenko or Kate Beckensale.

Reep

Quote Originally Posted by JPRiepe View Post
    Dear Rock Bottom:
    This will be true if I die soon. I caught a former wife putting arsenic in my coffee yesterday. Anything is possible.

Hey Jack: While I am waiting for my copy of the book to arrive (ordered while I was down on Curacao for a meeting and some diving last week !) the above statement begs the question of how many former wives are gunning for you ???
    Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350 NAUI #36288

Quote Originally Posted by ka5ysy View Post
    Hey Jack: While I am waiting for my copy of the book to arrive (ordered while I was down on Curacao for a meeting and some diving last week !) the above statement begs the question of how many former wives are gunning for you ???
    Dear ka5ysy:

I am very glad you responded to one of my replies. I am trying to make an absolute science (or process) out of turning around book orders on the same day (weekday). And I didn't recall shipping anything out to "Prairieville" in the last two weeks. I just scanned my orders and confirmed that. Can you please zap me your order info to me at jack.riepe@gmail.com

You should have gotten that book within 4 business days of your order. Something is askew.

Riepe

I've had 29 years of marital bliss ? to three different women. I've learned to let the dog taste my food and to start the car covering my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    And, more importantly, are a good shot?

Dear Rockbottom:

I was married to a doe-eyed foreign lady from an Eastern Bloc country. We were visiting a friend who had a private shooting range. My wife took a Ruger Mini-30 and fired five shots at the paper. Two hit. She made a face and put in another clip. Then, in rapid fire, she put all five close enough to the center to elicit awe from the onlookers.

She said, "Is good gun... But is no Kalasknikov."

I never turned my back on her again.

Riepe

Conversations!

Excellent book! It's great fun from beginning to end.

Noel