Thread: wind deflectors 96 K1100LT

wind deflectors 96 K1100LT

I want to buy some wind deflectors for the lower fairing. Do they come up here often? Where might I buy them online? I thank you for your help
    beem1_zps5061dfeb.jpg

Baker Built Wind Wings are available new. I have them on my K75RT and they move a lot of air. They work better if your knees don't touch the fairing.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/index.htm
    Ron

91 K75RT ABS

I just looked at the Baker Airwings. They deflect wind at the top and and below of the where the wind from the motor is exiting. I taped a piece of cardboard over the air exhaust and it was good..

I also have used the Johnny blanket..I am doing one side at a time to better have a handle on this heat BS. I am glad to listen to someone else that has done this.
    wind def.jpgwind1.jpg

I had a K1100LT, and I tried everything to cure the heat problem. I finally just got rid of the bike. problem solved...
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    I had a K1100LT, and I tried everything to cure the heat problem. I finally just got rid of the bike. problem solved...
    I dont want to give up this handling. My cardboard was great today. What did you buy to replace it?
    radialbike.jpg

On the Road
    Good luck trying to escape from the heat, i have a 94 K1100LT that is my winter/spring - fall/ winter bike. During the summer time it pretty much stays parked in my garage on the tender. My buddy has a 93 & tried different things & still hot, so his stays parked like mine. Seems like if you block it in one place it`ll find it`s way in another, so i just leave mine stock & enjoy it in the cooler months. But then again , i like my 1200RT much better , where it handles better , stops better , & gets way better fuel milage (makes me wonder why do i keep the LT)

Yeah I know, I made these today..they need some modifying but it is better.
    Its hot in Florida.
    bmw heat.jpg