Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: arcing between spark plug lead and valve cover

Part #: BMW-WSR641OE

*Original Equipment Style Plug Wire Set ( x 2 wires) for BMW R850, R1100, R1150, R1200 thru 2006.
    *OE Style boot allows use of BMW spark plug removal tool (Part # 12 12 2 306 064)

*Assembled with 7mm silicone wire, stud connected silicone boots, and internal brass tubing for positive spark plug terminal nut support. Includes nylon anti-chaffing sheath jacket over the full length of the cable.
    *Less than 50% the price of 2 wires from BMW Dealer !
    *Silicone withstand temperatures up to 1200?F / 650?C

I'm a little late to the dance, but I would like to also thank all those who gave advise, I did some damage to the spark plug end on the left side trying to get it disconnected from the spark plug, although the damage is slight, I order a set of wires from the Beemerboneyard, Question, someone mentioned a metal plug wire removal tool, anyone know where this can be purchased? Also anyone know the life of the plug wires? the MC is a 2002 R1150R, with 50k. Thanks in advance, Den
    "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."

S. McQueen

These are solid wire not resistor wire,. Most bikes will go the scrapper with the original cables. They do not wear out. Some do fail, and fail is different than wear. A match head sized dot of dielectric silicone in the end, keeps the boot from sticking to the plug. The removal is easy enough to avoid damage.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
    These are solid wire not resistor wire,. Most bikes will go the scrapper with the original cables. They do not wear out. Some do fail, and fail is different than wear. A match head sized dot of dielectric silicone in the end, keeps the boot from sticking to the plug. The removal is easy enough to avoid damage.

Rod
    Agreed, 251,000 km on my original '00 GS wires.
    Always use dielectric grease on the plug end.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

Thanks again!, I have changed the plugs several times & never a problem removing the plug wire, but this time it was "stuck" & in my zeal I caused some damage, I have dielectric on the shelf,& will be using it in the future, I appreciate the advise! msn
    "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."

S. McQueen