View Poll Results: Which option have you or will you chose?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait for repair and $2500 cash?

    34 70.83%
  • Wait, loaner and take $1000 credit?

    4 8.33%
  • Trade in and $1000 incentive on new BMW?

    4 8.33%
  • Return the RT for a full buyback?

    6 12.50%
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2014 R1200RTLC BMW Motorrad USA Owner's Option's Poll

  1. #1
    Registered User KarlG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    51

    2014 R1200RTLC BMW Motorrad USA Owner's Option's Poll

    Now that the options have been communicated officially by BMW Motorrad US to owners of bikes affected by the do not ride advisory on June 5th, 2014 what option have you chosen or think you will go with?

    Wait it out and the $2500 when fixed?

    Loaner and $1000 in dealer credit when your bike is fixed?

    Trade in on another model BMW and $1000 owner loyalty credit?

    Buy back and walk away?

    The poll will be more accurate if only those truly affected in the US vote and might give an idea of what your fellow owners are opting for. If you are not affected or somewhere where the offer is not valid, it might be interesting to see if what you would have picked compares to what those affected and voting chose.

    Link to similar poll on another forum:
    Poll on BMW Luxury Touring Forum

    Comments and discussion welcome.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,224
    Be interested in knowing how many actually completed a transaction. Anyone actually get a check from BMW for a buy-back? Seems they are dragging their collective feet in the buy-back process. I've yet to hear of anyone even signing a buy-back agreement thus far. Reportedly you'll get your check 30 days after agreement is signed. Anyone?
    MOA #46783

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15

    Explanation of vote

    I voted as having taken the refund. I actually wanted the trade deal, but it wouldn't work with the allowance for the dealer. So I took the refund and cut my own reasonable deal on a new GS.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lincoln County, NC
    Posts
    23
    I opted for the Trade. I found the K1600GTL actually fit me better. Still loved the R1200RTW but I probably would have bought the K1600GTL if I had test ridden it before buying the RT. So I think I made out like a bandit.
    Live to ride..Ride to live
    2014 K1600GTL
    2014 R1200RT thought I could never find a bike like that until I test rode the K1600

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by rmpaul99 View Post
    I voted as having taken the refund. I actually wanted the trade deal, but it wouldn't work with the allowance for the dealer. So I took the refund and cut my own reasonable deal on a new GS.

    Have you received a Buy-back Agreement to sign yet? If so, when do you expect your check?
    MOA #46783

  6. #6
    Registered User dmftoy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lexington, IL
    Posts
    414
    My brother took buy back and immediately ordered 2015. I'm using tapatalk so I can see poll to vote for him

  7. #7
    Registered User TracyRBIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15

    Waiting for the repair

    I chose the 2014 R1200RT for many reasons and none have changed. While I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to ride it this summer, I'm keeping mine and looking forward to the repair, while riding my 2009 R1200RT in the meantime.

  8. #8
    Ponch ponch1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fountain Hills AZ
    Posts
    879
    Quite a bit different than the results of the poll on the LT forum.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

  9. #9
    Registered User KarlG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Quite a bit different than the results of the poll on the LT forum.
    Both polls seem to agree with BMW's statement that the majority of owners are by choice or not, sticking it out. Their are more international owners voting in the poll on the LT site than the MOA from what I saw. Both are highly unscientific, influenced by relatively small number of votes and just of general interest, IMO, rather than something with hard data to hang a hat on.

    BMW , I am sure, has data by VIN on US affected bikes and owners choices but as we have already seen, some owners are changing their mind as this continues to drag out. I think until my dealer has the part in hand and the replacement date scheduled, I consider all the dates as still tentative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •