Thread: New owner of 2004 R1150RT. Need advise on windshields.

Fig

New owner of 2004 R1150RT. Need advise on windshields.

My shield is 14 1/2" high 23" wide. Not helping unless is in highest position. Found one from Parabellum.com I like. I am 6'2" sitting in middle position. Is 2 1/2" high enough, they also offer one 4" higher? Any wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by fig@nyc.rr.com View Post
    My shield is 14 1/2" high 23" wide. Not helping unless is in highest position. Found one from Parabellum.com I like. I am 6'2" sitting in middle position. Is 2 1/2" high enough, they also offer one 4" higher? Any wisdom?
    Welcome to the forum! As you will probably get better answers in the Oilhead section, I'll send it on over for you. Enjoy the forum.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

You might try duct taping a couple thicknesses of cardboard to the existing screen to try various extension dimensions.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

I am 6'2" and have a CeeBaileys shield with the Euro cut.
    Couldn't ask for more.
    I do tend to slouch a bit, so if In sit up straighter, there is a bit more air on the helmet.
    '04 Silver R1150RT "Big Oel". '05 Yellow KLR 650
    '00 Red Suzuki Bandit 600
    '65 Allstate/Puch 250 twingle
    "I just want somewhere to ride and food when I get there."

6"1" with a 2004 RT and have CeeBailey's with Euro cut and four inches over stock. Works great in the down position and raise it one inch and puts me and my passenger in a very nice calm air zone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm 6'2'', and have the Cee Bailey's #2 3" taller with Euro cut. I should have got the 4'' taller. I have my seat on the middle adjusters, but, I sit on a thin piece of dense foam and a set of seat beads, so with out those, 3'' would be perfect. As it is now, if I raise the shield half way, It is smooth and quiet air and still look over the top, but if I put it all the way up, I have to look through the top curved area. Stll doable, but the 4'' would have been better.
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by NavyDad View Post
    6"1" with a 2004 RT and have CeeBailey's with Euro cut and four inches over stock. Works great in the down position and raise it one inch and puts me and my passenger in a very nice calm air zone.
    NavyDad, I see you do as I do when I have the wife and extra bags on long trips. Additional GS mirrors.

Don't forget that overall height of a person, can have big diffences with head height. I'm 5' 9" but have short legs and long body. Always have trouble with head room in sport cars, even though I'm relatively short.
    My RT came with a taller version of screen and it works like a champ.

On my 2000 RT I have a Z-Technic that I've been using for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I'm 6'1" and ride with the seat in the highest position plus have seat spacers, and the shield works flawlessly.
    -Ride Safe & Avoid Anyone On The Phone-
    **2000 R1100RT (Bullfrog), 1976 R90/6 (Tadpole)**
    beemerFROG a.k.a. Douglas E. Rost
    MotoFrog.net -- Black Frog Marketing

I have an Aeroflow on my '04 RT. It's been on there so long that I've forgotten the dimensions of it. Very happy with it though.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    '04 R1150RT
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Quote Originally Posted by derost View Post
    On my 2000 RT I have a Z-Technic that I've been using for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I'm 6'1" and ride with the seat in the highest position plus have seat spacers, and the shield works flawlessly.
    1998 R1100RT
    +1 Z! also it is polycarbonate, very tough.

I'm 6" 2' -ish, highest seat position. With the windshield all the way up there is no wind hitting the helmet, it's very quiet. However this puts the top edge directly in front of my eyeballs so I lower it about an inch, and I start getting some air in the top vents of the helmet then.

I recommend you look at a Laminar Lip. They often solve the air flow problem and are less expensive than a full windshield.
    http://www.laminarlip.com/
    Walter

G. K. Chesterton wrote - "The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he came to see."