Thread: Russell pillion seats '08 R1200GS

Russell pillion seats '08 R1200GS

Does anyone have any experience with a Russell Day Long Pillion seat for an '08 1200gs? My wife's hips bother her on long rides and I've tried lowering the pegs, Alaska Leather Fleece and Airhawk pad and so far no real success. She's not big, 5'-5.5" 125lb. Just wondered if a different seat shape/design might help. Don't suggest a new wife, that's not an option. Thanks.
    Last edited by deilenberger; 10-07-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added year/model to title

P Monk

Russel seat

I have the daylong in leather, my wife loves her seat. Other than a LT, she says it is the most comfortable ever. I know that before the Russel she would be squirming in 50 miles or so. Now she stays happy up to 100-150 miles. I am usually ready to stop before her.
    P. Monk
    My prized possessions. 74 R90/6 Mine! (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant. My most prized possession is my relationship with Jesus!

Hi Abates (real name?)

Please read: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?46055 - I'm adding that info to your thread title. It's rather obviously somewhat important info that might get people with something to offer to open the thread.
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by dpmonk View Post
    I have the daylong in leather, my wife loves her seat. Other than a LT, she says it is the most comfortable ever. I know that before the Russel she would be squirming in 50 miles or so. Now she stays happy up to 100-150 miles. I am usually ready to stop before her.
    Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear