Thread: Stuck in Denver - Me in Hotel, Anonymous in Tankbag at Dealer

Stuck in Denver - Me in Hotel, Anonymous in Tankbag at Dealer

Shoulda brought the Anonymous along with me to the hotel. Brand new battery, Yasua, shorted out, bike died, Good Sam towed bike to BMW Denver (Aurora) and I'm in a motel. Dealer is closed Mondays. Headed home to Georgia, or was. Any chance anyone knows anyone that works at BMW Denver?

They were probably at the Paonia rally, might be there Monday unpacking.

I don't really want to try to find a new battery at another dealer, assuming anyone is open on Mondays - this should be covered under the battery warranty, and the bike probably oughta' be tested to see if some obscure electronic component was what caused the battery failure.

Any suggestions? Otherwise, veg at the hotel until Tuesday.

Roger Wiles 706.897.8266 roger@rogerwiles.com
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com
    706.897.8266 24/7 Wireless

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    A $39 garden tractor battery strapped to the back and $10 worth of wire and electrcal tape would be 1/10 of the cost of 2 nights in a motel and meals. Just saying............
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Walmart carries batteries. Some may even fit in you battery compartment. If physically too small use the cardboard the battery came in as spacers. A friend did that one trip. We filled the battery and let it sit an hour while enjoying lunch then took off and let the bikes alternator do the rest. Not the best way to treat a battery, but the goal was to get home. It did that and a bunch more.

roger, may be able to help you. I'll call you this morning at a decent hour.

BMW Denver is not open on Mondays. (just looked on the interweb)

Ken F
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Registered User RapidRoadRescue's Avatar
    We had a friend who broken down in Atlanta comming back to Chicago. Another local bmw ownew lend him his own GS wheel and then got it back in the mail.

I know there is a solution to the problem.

Look up Batterys plus since they may have proper battery for you.
    The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. Now, the guy who invented the second wheel... he was the genius.
    www.motorcycleworkshop.net
    www.rapidroadrescue.com

Still Stuck But Hope For Tomorrow

Thanx to all who responded and called. I'll be at the dealer shortly after 7a - someone said they open the shop early in summer - and called Battery Plus - they have some in stock in case the dealer does not.

The accumulated
    Facebook wisdom says that the battery alone is almost certainly to blame, and not some internal component, so I hope to be on the road tomorrow.
    Roger Wiles
    roger@rogerwiles.com
    www.rogerwiles.com
    706.897.8266 24/7 Wireless