Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Schuberth USA

Quote Originally Posted by dbaliko View Post
    Shuberth has a fix for the face yield closing with little or no pressure. They have a redesigned ratchet that attaches to the helmet. They send them to you or free if you call their technical support line. Works like a charm!

Doug
    Thanks, I'll call them, guess I should have not given up on the problem.
    Sam

I was in a M/C accident with my schuberth. I had registered it and they sold me a new one for I think around $300.00.

ATGATT

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by dbaliko View Post
    Shuberth has a fix for the face yield closing with little or no pressure. They have a redesigned ratchet that attaches to the helmet. They send them to you or free if you call their technical support line. Works like a charm!

Doug
    You can also fix it yourself and the self fix seems to work better than the new Schuberth mechanism. All you need do is to put an O ring in each side of the opening mechanism. The additional friction makes the visor stay where you put it. I wore a Shoei to the rally in Salem and was told at the Schuberth vender area that only they could install the new mechanism. They would not give me one to take home, nor at the time could a dealer install one. One of the Schuberth employees is an old friend and told me about the O ring fix.

In the last picture you can see the O ring installed and that it distorts a bit with use. These have lasted since late July and about 10,000 miles. I figure I'll replace them annually.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Could you please post the specs on those o - rings? Looks like a simple and elegant solution to the problem. Thank you.
    Member of: BMW Motorcycle Owners of Northeast Florida; BMWMOA #189688; BMWRA
    IBA Member #55835
    "Hell is lit by nuclear power."

Sorry, I do not recall. I think they are 20-30mm X 200mm. They're cheap, buy an assortment. It is the wall diameter that is most important.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

This doesn't push the shield away from the helmet shell and increase noise and air/water leakage?
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo