Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally B*tchfest

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    ...I was thinking more in terms of a simple "list of expectations," rather than yet another set of rules..."
    The rally FAQ already has it pretty simple, above situation lacks the enforcement. When someone experiencing the situation doesn't take the action to inform the rally, why complain afterwards?
    dogs.jpg
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."

Only issue we had was dealing with a man using the women's showers in the pavilion. He refused to leave and told my wife that women have no place in the motorcycling community. Jokes on this Neaderthal , a woman is why I was at the rally and provided much of the fun and Entertainment,
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Pete and all,

I'm in total agreement with your statememt about "fashion accessory dogs". (great term!)
    As an owner of show dogs, at a dog show if an animal is aggressive toward another dog/person, the owner and dog are immediately asked to leave.
    No exceptions, or leeway.
    As Pete stated, if you are unsure of how your dog will react in different situations, your training of your dog is incomplete. I spend a lot of time
    "socializing" any dog that I own which includes taking them to public events and places where the dog will be touched and handled by strangers.
    Also I make effort to place the dog in situations where they will be in contact with many other dogs. It is a matter of training the dog on proper
    maners when in public places. Granted a "service" dog such as Barley is held to higher expectations than a "show" dog, the principals we are discussing
    here are the same.

I'm in total agreement with enforcing the rules as written! Just because a dog is on a leash does not mean it's under "control".

Ken F
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Only issue we had was dealing with a man using the women's showers in the pavilion. He refused to leave and told my wife that women have no place in the motorcycling community. Jokes on this Neaderthal , a woman is why I was at the rally and provided much of the fun and Entertainment,
    I didn't find my way to the women's showers in the Pavilion, but the men's were unmarked. I halfway expected women to walk in...
    John.

Post The beer garden

Mad Dog here, beer garden chair.

Yes, the H2O issue of pricing was a bit high for 9oz., but the water was a bit of a snafu. The volume was much higher in Sedalia, but this year was a bit of a cut and paste issue. And yes, ticket pricing and simplicity did play a large part of it. We have H2O in the BG, as a safety/health issue, and with the Oasis containers and restrooms, all one really had to do was keep the plastic bottle and keep refilling. Having said that, we will do better in St.Paul.

The KGB Stout was 9.5% etoh by volume, the highest of the 4 micros, and VERY tasty to boot. We consumed a total of 121 half kegs of beer at 15.5 gal/keg. That beat Sedalia, which had 200 more attendees. I salute you all !!! BTW, used 15 kegs of KGB, astounding the distributor, who thinks that it is a cool weather beer. He also expected 75 kegs AT MOST. Way to go guys & gals!

Thank you all who volunteered, both old friends and first-timers. The BG rocks!

MAD DOG
    Nat BG Chair {aka Jim Faucher}

Random BG Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post

The KGB Stout was 9.5% etoh by volume, the highest of the 4 micros, and VERY tasty to boot. We consumed a total of 121 half kegs of beer at 15.5 gal/keg. That beat Sedalia, which had 200 more attendees. I salute you all !!! BTW, used 15 kegs of KGB, astounding the distributor, who thinks that it is a cool weather beer. He also expected 75 kegs AT MOST. Way to go guys & gals!
    Hopefully, everyone figured out that if you used your red plastic rally mug at the BG, you got an ounce or two more of beer than if you used the BG cups...

Hopside IPL was delicious!

Thanks, Revzilla, for the free beer coupons. And thanks to all the rally teetotalers who passed their Rev stickers to me!

Are the dog complaints here because this thread is called "b*tchfest"?

Here all night...

Marty Takimoto
    1999 R1100R
    BMWMOA #107071/IBA #44006
    El Cerrito, CA

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post

Thank you all who volunteered, both old friends and first-timers. The BG rocks!

MAD DOG
    Nat BG Chair {aka Jim Faucher}
    WooHoo! No wonder I wanted a nap after knocking back a few KGBs in the heat of the afternoon! Cool weather brew?? Ha! Coulda used a KGB and a nap at the Idaho rest area where I ran into you Tuesday afternoon.

BG was great, hope St. Paul is as good. So, what's a good local stout in the MSP area??

Best,

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    WooHoo! No wonder I wanted a nap after knocking back a few KGBs in the heat of the afternoon! Cool weather brew?? Ha! Coulda used a KGB and a nap at the Idaho rest area where I ran into you Tuesday afternoon.

BG was great, hope St. Paul is as good. So, what's a good local stout in the MSP area??

Best,

GTRider
    Not a beer connoisseur, but only 6 miles from the MSF: http://www.summitbrewing.com/culture/tours
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by R1100rtP View Post
    Not a beer connoisseur, but only 6 miles from the MSF: http://www.summitbrewing.com/culture/tours
    The Great Northern Porter and the Oatmeal Stout look really promising!

My brother lives in St. Paul and is a home brewer, I'll have him pick up some samples and LMK if it lives up to the promise. Thanks!

Best,

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

Personally, I wish everyone would leave their dog, cat, parakeet, snake, wallaby or whathaveyou at home. I know he/she/it is your best friend/faithful companion/special sidekick, etc., but still you'll survive and he/she will be so glad to see you the reunion will be really special. Tell you what, I'll leave mine at home too just to be fair.

I never realized pets were ok at the national!

Next year I'm bringin' my python. Dogs with attitude are lunch.

Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

9.5 %. No wonder we got a little silly Saturday night. Made for a change in plans Sunday morning, I had a bit of a fat head. As far as the dogs at the rally I didn't see one that wasn't being a dog. It was nice to see them there. The owner that swore at you should have been tossed out, that poor dog never stands a chance of being trained with an idiot of a master.
    Brian
    Canoe BC

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    The Great Northern Porter and the Oatmeal Stout look really promising!

My brother lives in St. Paul and is a home brewer, I'll have him pick up some samples and LMK if it lives up to the promise. Thanks!

Best,

GTRider
    You can also make "Pour Decisions"
    http://pourdecisionsbrewery.com/
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by R1100rtP View Post
    You can also make "Pour Decisions"
    http://pourdecisionsbrewery.com/
    My daughter and son-in-law are close friends with the owners of that particular brewery and helped them get it up and going. They volunteer there sometimes when they open the taproom.

Good stuff!
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Ok wait!

I CALL BS....

There was no rally this year. Come on. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that we ACTUALLY landed someone on the MOON in 1969! SERIOUSLY? There is NO WAY there could have been a rally this year. How do I know? Simple. We're about a month on from the "date" of the "event" and the official Rally B*ichfest thread is only TWO PAGES LONG!!! Right. Nice try MOA! You nearly had me snookered. Where are all the threads and posts complaining about the HEAT? Where are all the threads and posts demanding we move the date to sometime in March or November? Where are all the threads complaining about the lack or this or the excess of that? HELLO? Too many vendors? Not enough food? Too many people trying to sleep in the same sheep pen with AKBeemer?

You guys are good though, I'll hand it to you. Getting a couple of "attendees" to complain about dogs at the rally and 9 ounce waters to make it SEEM like there were complaints. Nice. HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA

You almost had me...

Hopefully you'll have better luck next year getting this whole rally thing back on track.
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?