Thread: 2013 Rally B*tchfest

Hybrid View

2013 Rally B*tchfest

Keeping in the tradition of the forum, I got a gripe about the recent National. Before I get into that, let me congratulate the host, organizers, volunteers and mother nature.

The weather was extraordinary, Highs in the upper 80's and sleep able at night.

The volunteers (including me) were helpful and friendly. There is a commercial rally up the road this weekend and cost 3x as much. These things can't go off w/o volunteers. It's fun work. Do a shift or 2 at the next, you will enjoy yourself.

The site was utilized very well. Perhaps another open gate would have been nice, but it all worked out.

The facilities were fine. I drove my motorhome (house) there, so I can't comment on showers.

My petty gripe is about water at the beer tent. $1.50 for a 9oz. bottle. Really?

That's all I got.

See y'all in Minne
    Ron R

A $1.50 is a bit high for water, but there were many places nearby that sold it for $1.00. A $1.50 for a beer, even a Bud, is a fair deal. I worked a few shifts at the Beer Garden and it was a good time. I suspect the elevated cost of the water was due to the use of a ticket system to sell the beer and to have a seperate process for water would add to the complexity.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    A $1.50 is a bit high for water, but there were many places nearby that sold it for $1.00. A $1.50 for a beer, even a Bud, is a fair deal. I worked a few shifts at the Beer Garden and it was a good time. I suspect the elevated cost of the water was due to the use of a ticket system to sell the beer and to have a seperate process for water would add to the complexity.
    I hear ya. It may have been something to do with competing with vendors, I don't know. A gallon can be bought for $.89 at Fred Meyer. Give me a cold liter for a ticket and I'm happy.
    Ron R

Btw

The Imperial Stout did me in on Friday night. I was warned at the counter, but..... That's a good brew.
    Ron R

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    We tried to tell you, but would you listen?
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

great rally, otherwise

Only issue we had was dealing with a man using the women's showers in the pavilion. He refused to leave and told my wife that women have no place in the motorcycling community. Jokes on this Neaderthal , a woman is why I was at the rally and provided much of the fun and Entertainment,
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Only issue we had was dealing with a man using the women's showers in the pavilion. He refused to leave and told my wife that women have no place in the motorcycling community. Jokes on this Neaderthal , a woman is why I was at the rally and provided much of the fun and Entertainment,
    I didn't find my way to the women's showers in the Pavilion, but the men's were unmarked. I halfway expected women to walk in...
    John.

Personally, I wish everyone would leave their dog, cat, parakeet, snake, wallaby or whathaveyou at home. I know he/she/it is your best friend/faithful companion/special sidekick, etc., but still you'll survive and he/she will be so glad to see you the reunion will be really special. Tell you what, I'll leave mine at home too just to be fair.

I never realized pets were ok at the national!

Next year I'm bringin' my python. Dogs with attitude are lunch.

Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

9.5 %. No wonder we got a little silly Saturday night. Made for a change in plans Sunday morning, I had a bit of a fat head. As far as the dogs at the rally I didn't see one that wasn't being a dog. It was nice to see them there. The owner that swore at you should have been tossed out, that poor dog never stands a chance of being trained with an idiot of a master.
    Brian
    Canoe BC