Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This site has been reorganized and ruined !!!!!!

Motorcycleton
    I'm only testing to see how badly things are ruined on this website (and to see if I can figure out my new SmugMug account - Voni makes it look easy to get lots of pix in the "cloud" - NOTE: this red bike might look like Voni's, but it has WAAAY less sMiles! )

enroute to Asheville

set-up tent in field

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    some of the niggling problems and let the team know what is bothering us.

Niggling. You got me on that one. Had to look it up.
    Now you have ruined my day. I learned something.
    Darned new forum!

ken
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

The current version changes quote marks and more into question marks. A copy and paste process that should have taken less time to do than read the press release turned into a long drawn out affair.
    This reminds me of a recent "new" version of an application we use at work. After the upgrade many comments like, "..we use to...the old version did it..." the answer, it's a new version, get use to it. Possibly being more difficult to cut/paste dribble is an improvement? Possibly simply post a link to the article may be quicker and take up less real estate in the forum?

Going riding.

Copy / Paste Bug with vbulletin 4.20 #1 Thu 23rd May '13, 6:13am
    Hey Everyone,
    I am experiencing a very odd bug and about to launch my site publicly with 50,000 users so I am a bit nervous / concerned!

If I copy/paste any content into a post, I can not edit that post anymore. If I edit it, it will show up as blank in the edit form as if I never even posted anything at all! This is only if I create a new post then paste into it.

If I create a new post, write some text manually - then paste at some point into the post, it will not allow me to edit it anymore. I need to post the manually written content, THEN edit, THEN paste, at which point I can then edit the pasted text. UGH! :-P

If I create a new post, write some text manually and post it, edit it, paste the text - then I can edit the post without problem with all the content available. It is only if I start a new post and paste content into the post then edit that this problem occurs.
    Last edited by rjzinc; 07-28-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."

You are absolutely right. Perhaps I should just vacate and not take up any real estate with the dribble I find and post. I would PM you with comments on my frustrations with the upgrade but that feature does not work for me either so you are saved that dibble also.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Just for grins, I went back to my previous post, cut/paste an article (dribble) from vBulletin support forum regarding the cut/paste feature. No problembo.

Gone riding, enjoy your ride.
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."

...I would PM you with comments...
    Thanks for the head's up on that.

pmoff.JPG
    Dick
    R1200GS '08

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Don't forget that he has another post...so that changes the math!!

He was much more "wordy" back in early January 2013...not happy then, either.
    I can't pull up his other post.

But it probably doesn't matter.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

I can't pull up the other post via his username. His other post was before we switched over to the new forum in early April...for some reason there is a brick wall there for earlier posts. But if you use the google search tool "site:bmwmoa.org xxxx" where xxxx is his username, you can find it.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by robsryder View Post
    I'm only testing to see how badly things are ruined on this website (and to see if I can figure out my new SmugMug account - Voni makes it look easy to get lots of pix in the "cloud" - NOTE: this red bike might look like Voni's, but it has WAAAY less sMiles! )

enroute to Asheville

set-up tent in field

I think you've got it!

Your bike might be the one in the picture I just sent to the ON with the theme New Bike!

There are unlimited sMiles. Glad to see you're using some.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by rjzinc View Post
    Thanks for the head's up on that.

pmoff.JPG
    I don't give a frig if yours is turned off, mine isn't working in or out bound. I have worked with the admins and no explanation so far. A number of things are not working or are not working as they should.

A big thank you to the staff. After multiple attempts, over an extended period of time I logged back in to find a raft of PMs in my inbox. I had not received any since the upgrade and have many to go back through. I will respond as appropriate. My apologies for delays and again my thanks to the persistent effort of the staff with this item.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I can't pull up the other post via his username. His other post was before we switched over to the new forum in early April...for some reason there is a brick wall there for earlier posts. But if you use the google search tool "site:bmwmoa.org xxxx" where xxxx is his username, you can find it.
    Kurt,

With all due respect for everyone involved, I'm still frustrated that the search function is "non-functional" so many months after conversion.

There is a reason for not working and there is a fix.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Bud -

I agree...but that and many other things are on the list. I reengaged with Jeff this week to see where the "list" I put together was. I'm hoping to get some feedback on that.

I've been getting good search results using google's "site" feature. At least it's a work around.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Has anyone else noticed that when you click on a bookmark for the MOA Forum it sometimes takes up to 60 seconds to load?

Maybe it's just my 'puter......

Ken
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that when you click on a bookmark for the MOA Forum it sometimes takes up to 60 seconds to load?

Maybe it's just my 'puter......

Ken
    Ken -

It's not you or your computer...it's the site. This has been discussed in threads that have probably rolled over the bottom of the Online Central forum. It's on the list to be "fixed". I've talked to Jeff in the office...I was on the phone with him one day and we both clicked to navigation somewhere on the forum and we both went into the wait mode. We both cleared up at the same time. So he knows it's there.