Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 96 Right Now in Central Pennsylvania

It's 96 Right Now in Central Pennsylvania

I'm thinking of riding to Bloomsburg just for the memories.

Ah yes, Bloomsburg. Fond memories!
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    '04 R1150RT
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    I'm thinking of riding to Bloomsburg just for the memories.
    Wear full leathers and take the route up thru the hard coal (PA61) to US11 at Shamokin Dam so you can average about 30 mph and sit at the maximum number of stop lights.

When the weather is like this, we know why the gods created Canada........
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Wear full leathers and take the route up thru the hard coal (PA61) to US11 at Shamokin Dam so you can average about 30 mph and sit at the maximum number of stop lights.

Yeah, its 32 where I am right now. Celcius.

Niagara Peninsula, Ontario

We are not much different here 88 with a humidex reading of 105, on this past weekend Moosonee in northern Ontario which is at James Bay was the hottest city in Canada.

It is suppose to return to normal by the weekend here, hope yours does the same
    Terry Cainey
    Ambassador Fenwick, Ontario Canada
    Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Did that Sunday. Well, not the leather part, but the sitting at Shamokin Dam.

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    Did that Sunday. Well, not the leather part, but the sitting at Shamokin Dam.
    So much for the old idea that you want the main highway to run thru the business district. In today's world, a lasting memory of traffic congestion is a great excuse for never stopping or returning. However, the Toyota dealer in Sunbury offers great prices.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

We are in northern NH, White mountains, got in the truck yesterday about 4:00pm thermometer said 102!!

15 deg C in St Anthony, Newfoundland today but yesterday it was 30 deg C.
    Haven't needed socks since we left VA. Can't last though.

FINALLY warming up! I did go out for a ride today (highest I saw was 97F in NJ).. but I'm actually quite comfortable wearing my 'stitch with all the vents open. I'm a person who likes warm and hates cold. Been known to put on heated gear if it drops below 70F (brrrr!).. Big trick - keep moving and don't ride an RT.
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

You probably won't believe me, but right now in Canyon, Texas it is 66 degrees F. The high today was around 78. The high yesterday was 76 which set a record for the coolest high on that day. Last week we were in the 100's. Got to love this part of the country!

Feels good!

I've been working long hours in a darkened, fully air conditioned arena. It's quite like a giant ice box. The heat, when I finally come out in late evening, actually feels great!
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Quote Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post

but I'm actually quite comfortable wearing my 'stitch with all the vents open. .

Yow! Mid 80s are about the most I tolerate that way. Weather like we're having now is a white Joe Rocket Phoenix 5, Diamond Gusset or Draggin jeans, Icon Pursuit perforated gloves, Arai XC RAM open face helmet and BMW Airflow boots for me.

Quote Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post

FINALLY warming up! I did go out for a ride today (highest I saw was 97F in NJ).. but I'm actually quite comfortable wearing my 'stitch with all the vents open. I'm a person who likes warm and hates cold. Been known to put on heated gear if it drops below 70F (brrrr!).. Big trick - keep moving and don't ride an RT.
    You need a nice K75............the air flow channeled thru the radiator and under the gas tank provides a nice warming sensation for your lower abdomen.

My wife stays ticked off as I continue to hang(back in the woods where only us can see them!) my sweaty T's on the back porch railing...
    My chickens are strutting around with their wings held high & beaks open gasping for air!
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.