Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oilhead Rally Thread

Oilhead Rally Thread

Mod is right. We have probably been doing a bit too much chatting in the Picture thread. I think he is probably happy to see some good-natured banter, but not in that thread. Thought I would start a separate thread for Rally communication among the Oilheaders going and those wishing they were attending.

That done I think I should point out that rad is actually not showing up because his new hexhead is RS Silver. Man, I know that hurt rad.

Going to cut wineguyd some slack. He is new here and is entitled to grace period. Besides, he is scouring the internet for a blast shield for his new R. I figure SeabeckS and BC1100S are trying to get their GPS to get them to the beer hall. festes...poor guy is trying to figure out which bike to ride today. Mark M is no doubt lurking in the background of someone's picture.

I do wonder how terham is doing.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    I figure SeabeckS and BC1100S are trying to get their GPS to get them to the beer hall.
    Ha! Co-ordinates are already locked in.

GPS? GPS? We no need no steeenkin' GPS to find cerveza!!!!

Bill Johnston

Best results are probably here but if you guys need this moved to the Rally forum, let me/us know. Have a great time.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Best results are probably here but if you guys need this moved to the Rally forum, let me/us know. Have a great time.
    Gary
    Thank you sir! As one of the guilty parties I'm fine with just leaving it in the Oilhead thread. Not sure about those other rabble rousers though...

Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Mark M is no doubt lurking in the background of someone's picture.
    This time I'll be lurking in my daughter's wedding pictures as she is getting married on Saturday. Otherwise I'd be at the rally attending the RS to S conversion workshop and other beer tent festivities. Have fun and keep us posted!
    Mark M, St. Louis, '13 R1200GS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
    This time I'll be lurking in my daughter's wedding pictures as she is getting married on Saturday. Otherwise I'd be at the rally attending the RS to S conversion workshop and other beer tent festivities. Have fun and keep us posted!
    You will be missed, but your daughter' wedding is obviously a lot more important. Congrats to her and her beau!

The ride from St Louis to Salem would be pretty darned awesome though! My S came from Louisville a few years ago...the trip home to GPS was incredible, though not QUITE as planned. . I understand the 2014 Rally is planned for Minnesota. Since my family has roots in Iowa, perhaps I'll make that gathering next summer?

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    You will be missed, but your daughter' wedding is obviously a lot more important. Congrats to her and her beau!

The ride from St Louis to Salem would be pretty darned awesome though! My S came from Louisville a few years ago...the trip home to GPS was incredible, though not QUITE as planned. . I understand the 2014 Rally is planned for Minnesota. Since my family has roots in Iowa, perhaps I'll make that gathering next summer?

Cheers!
    Thank you! The wedding is going to be a great time. She's marrying a fine young man, I'm proud of her choice.

I've ridden to Salem before. You're right about it being pretty darned awesome. I envy all those who are making the trek.

For those looking for a good cuppa joe, check out Broadway Coffeehouse near downtown Salem.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '13 R1200GS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    I understand the 2014 Rally is planned for Minnesota. Since my family has roots in Iowa, perhaps I'll make that gathering next summer?
    If you need some company for the ride out, let me know.
    Last edited by BC1100S; 07-15-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Holed up in Vernal, UT tonight with my 2 riding partners. Came from Longmont, CO with an awesome ride along the Poudre River and out route 40 today. Loved the ride out of Craig. Idaho Falls tomorrow then Boise and Klamath Falls and then Salem. Looking forward to the rest of the ride.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

terham, good to hear from you. Looked up Vernal and your route yesterday. Looks like you rode through northern Colorado and Utah and are heading north today. Good luck. Check in again.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by terham View Post
    .... Idaho Falls tomorrow then Boise and Klamath Falls and then Salem. Looking forward to the rest of the ride.
    I will look down from 34,000 feet tomorrow morning and see if I can spot you.
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s. Gone: 97 F650st, 04 R1100s, 78 R80/7, 76 Honda 750F, Maico 400, Husqvarna 360 8 speed, Honda SL-350, Suzuki 250 Savage, Honda 175SL, Bonanza 100.

I'm running out of superlatives for the scenery I'm riding through. Rode north out of Vernal through Flaming Gorge and up to Jackson and the Tetons. West out of Jackson over Teton Pass into Idaho and on to Idaho Falls for the night. Planning the long way to Boise for tomorrow. 2500+ miles so far and having a blast.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

You've hit pay dirt after crossing the plane plains! I'm a bit more than envious of your adventure...keep it safe!

Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by terham View Post
    I'm running out of superlatives for the scenery I'm riding through. Rode north out of Vernal through Flaming Gorge and up to Jackson and the Tetons. West out of Jackson over Teton Pass into Idaho and on to Idaho Falls for the night. Planning the long way to Boise for tomorrow. 2500+ miles so far and having a blast.
    You are killing me. How about a picture or two of the ride?
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5