Thread: R1100RS CeeBailey's Windshield Stress on Bracket

R1100RS CeeBailey's Windshield Stress on Bracket

So I purchased a brand spanking new Cee Bailey's +7 windshield. Looks very cool except when I get to about 50MPH and up... Holy Bracket Stress Batman!!! The wind pushes the shield WAY too far down. Any suggestions out their to beef up the bracket? Right now I'm thinking of selling it and sticking with my Wudu.

Same with mine

I had a 2004 1150rs with stock shield and the taller CeeBailey shield. I noticed the same problem when I put the tall shield on and also buffeting from the wind was really bad. I put the stock shield back on which works for me just fine. Nice bike but too much technology for me; I sold it and went back to my old rs.

OH ! I don't know answer to your question. My solution was to take it off.

DW
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

I hated what the wind did with my '04 RS's stock shield, so I added some heat-shrink sleeving on to the adjuster stem (it comes out all the way if you go more counter-clockwise), plus a grommet in the hole that it sticks through, to reduce the slop & shaking. Helped only a little.
    I hated that "mounting" method; a good wind would put me in another lane.
    Dunno about the bracketry, tho, sorry.

Nickname: Droid
    Must be stronger wind in Indiana than Wisconsin. I've been riding my 94 RS with a Cee Bailey windshield for two seasons now and I've not noticed the wind pushing the shield back/down any amount that I'd be concerned about.

By why not change the windshield bracket (part that pivots) with one from a 2002 or later RS bracket. That gives you the extra two higher mount/support holes.

Hey thats not a bad idea... i'll look into it thanks.