Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Accessing coolant expansion tank area/removal of plastic panel

Hmmm. I got the shrouds off -- part of my "where will I put all the wiring" project. When I pushed on the center it went flying. It took a few minutes but I eventually found it. I was ready for a flying pin when I did the other side... that only meant it didn't fly as far. The center parts on mine don't look or feel like they want to be inserted from the front. I will try to insert from the back until it comes out the front when I get around to re-installing the shroud.

Is that what you guys had to do?

In all other respect the plastic (including the beak) comes off pretty easy. Just way too many pieces/screws. The '05 spoiled me.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Hmmm. I got the shrouds off -- part of my "where will I put all the wiring" project. When I pushed on the center it went flying. It took a few minutes but I eventually found it. I was ready for a flying pin when I did the other side... that only meant it didn't fly as far. The center parts on mine don't look or feel like they want to be inserted from the front. I will try to insert from the back until it comes out the front when I get around to re-installing the shroud.

Is that what you guys had to do?

In all other respect the plastic (including the beak) comes off pretty easy. Just way too many pieces/screws. The '05 spoiled me.
    Yeah, the quarter turn fasteners on the 05s were great. As long as you got that lower front inside one set right.

I haven't dislodged the special plastic one yet, but may do this weekend, if I get around to it.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

When I had the side panel off I highlighted the fill level lines with a sharpie marker so that I could see the lines through the view slot. I did the same on the fF650gs too. It is just convenient.