Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Civil War Battlefields

Battle of Memphis

Impossible to reenact Civil War naval battles on the river. This panoramic picture is on display in the Tennessee Welcome Center in downtown Memphis. The Confederate Fleet was totally defeated. Thousands of citizens watched from the bluffs. The city surrendered the same day.

Laurel Hill

Not a battlefield, but the birthplace of JEB Stuart. You don't just stop by Laurel Hill. It is in Ararat, Virginia and it is not near any major city. You have to want to go there to be there.

20140527_120708-L.jpg
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Birtplace President Grant

Beale Sreet 07-16-14 158.jpg
    To understand the Civil War, you have to study the participants and their history. Like you, I go where the history was created. On the battlefield or the out of the way places that lead to the battlefield.

Not really a battlefield in the truest sense...but a place where men "battled" everyday for life,...and a must see IMO.

Andersonville Prison in Georgia . I visited there some 20+ years ago. It is a place where a visit will stick with you for a very long time. Ride / walk through , read the plaques , the history, listen to the Park-Rangers narration , etc. I guarantee you will be...moved.
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster