Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sure I can get it in shape with some time and $- whether the result will be fully satisfactory only time will tell. I knew wht I was getting into when I bought it.

Yes, the current RT (actually hexhead onward) had all that stuff as stock or option and its all on mine. But I don't care about any of it. Rarely use a heated seat though the grips get used a lot, cruise control rarely just to shake hands out because on cruise delays reactions and is an automatic safety hazard IMO, ESA is mostly useful for constant swaps between 2 up and solo so rarely gets used (will be Hyperpro on mine eventually), and there is no need for any pad inspection holes, marked pins or whatever when one can so easily see the linings directly. To me the big advantage of the R1200 over the R1150 is weight reduction and power increase/better running with the more advanced engine controls. The cases are a bit better also. The waterboxer RT should be a similar step forward when/if all the reliability stuff gets sorted. The early year model problems are a direct result of failure to build and test enough pre production bikes to find the issues before foisting them off on early adopter enthusiasts. Ever hear of J brand model with as many issues as new BMWs, at least since the days of the first Honda V-4s?? (But I seriously hate J brand assembly methods with poor body panel fits (ask any Goldwing owner), crappy JIS screws into nutted rubber fasteners, failure to even attempt weight reduction except on sport bikes, etc etc, not to mention their general lack of creativity since Sochiro Honda died...