Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 2007 R1200RT Final drive question (new to this style)

  1. #1
    Riding From The Black Dog buckeyeclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Sandusky, Ohio
    Posts
    272

    2007 R1200RT Final drive question (new to this style)

    So I am sure someone has answered this a thousand times: however, I am new to the "never need maintenance" final drive. I cannot believe that the fluid is really a "lifetime" thing; yet, there is no drain that I see....what gives? Thanks in advance....
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good."
    2007 R1200RT
    1959 R60 w/ Steib sidecar
    1988 K100RT & 1980 R100RT 1994 R1100 RS 1999 R1100 GS , 2001 R1200C (gone)

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeclark View Post
    So I am sure someone has answered this a thousand times: however, I am new to the "never need maintenance" final drive. I cannot believe that the fluid is really a "lifetime" thing; yet, there is no drain that I see....what gives? Thanks in advance....
    WHAT!!!!??? I know I'm going to hell for this, but I can't bring myself to believe or answer this question....not with that number of posts and prior stable.
    '14 R1200RT

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    WHAT!!!!??? I know I'm going to hell for this, but I can't bring myself to believe or answer this question....not with that number of posts and prior stable.
    Okay I'm sorry (and don't want to go to hell) HERE....http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...e-Pre-2008-DIY
    '14 R1200RT

  4. #4
    Riding From The Black Dog buckeyeclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Sandusky, Ohio
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Okay I'm sorry (and don't want to go to hell) HERE....http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...e-Pre-2008-DIY
    HAHA I have been away from the forum for quite a while....
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good."
    2007 R1200RT
    1959 R60 w/ Steib sidecar
    1988 K100RT & 1980 R100RT 1994 R1100 RS 1999 R1100 GS , 2001 R1200C (gone)

  5. #5
    Riding From The Black Dog buckeyeclark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Sandusky, Ohio
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Okay I'm sorry (and don't want to go to hell) HERE....http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...e-Pre-2008-DIY
    THANKS MOTODAN!!!!!! Awesome article!!! I really do appreciate your help.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good."
    2007 R1200RT
    1959 R60 w/ Steib sidecar
    1988 K100RT & 1980 R100RT 1994 R1100 RS 1999 R1100 GS , 2001 R1200C (gone)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •