Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No action on thumpers???

Cool How different is my F650 CS seat.

Quote Originally Posted by f650624 View Post
    I'm not sure who BMW made the F/G650GS (single) seats for, but they weren't human. I first had a '99 F650 and now have an "03 F650GS. I couldn't go 50 miles on the stock seat without having to stand, a lot. A Corbin fixed the problem for me. Between the 2 650s I now have over 88,000 miles with my longest being 3 Alaskan rides, from South Dakota. Get an aftermarket seat and you will have a new riding experience.
    I just picked up a sweet 03 F650 CS how different is my seat than the GS. I am 6', 225 and this stock seat is nice. Also looking for a good place to get a larger wind screen.

Read on ADVRider thumpers thread for G650GS's , also Sertao there & do a search on that topic as there are lots of posts from riders that have tried a bunch of the many choices. I'm short so only one e.g. but just rode yesterday a 100k+ miles & tried out the taller GS Sertao w/s I got with a Sargent seat deal. That low seat is a KEEPER! I don't think it's(taller w/s) a lot better than the stock tiny one for me. I may also try the stock w/s with the brkt & sell the tall if results are ???
    I also have the Toura Tech adj brkt (same deal) which I'll try out next. I have two of the regular 2009-2013+ G650GS w/s's as got one of those in seat deal too. Madstadt brkt is another option as are winglets.Many swear by the wingies. Ztecnik is another route some say is there end solution as is Givi & Calsci-so many options it's best to find someone else that's sifted through the choices before you spend a dime all with a look toward the overall height more specifically the torso height of the person talking vs w/s height,angle,width & shape. F650 site has info too. I see people complaining about no ventilation into helmet in w/s threads & such , which indicates a helmet issue & unrelated to w/s choice! IIMO some have weak necks &/or don't ride enough, whatever I don't know but seem sensitive to riding in the wind which has it's effects on vehicles as hvy as a full size pickup! To put this MC wind thing in perspective some older types from windy places like my native KS will remember driving non-power steering cars & trucks in the wind & how they were a hand full at times-let alone riding a MC in the wind.
    It is part of the environment that cannot be totally escaped.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Thumbs up The F 650 Group is active

Quote Originally Posted by k9gromit View Post
    Because we're out riding, not talking about it on the interwebs?

All kidding aside, I think the F-Thumpers area of the MOA website suffers from the popularity and usefulness of the Chain Gang site at http://f650.com/forum/forum.php.
    The F 650 web site is very active. That is why so dead on BMWOA for Thumpers and F's.