Thread: Didn't Think it Could Happen to Me

Didn't Think it Could Happen to Me

It has almost been a year since the Waldo Canyon fire here in Colorado Springs and then this. The Black Forest fire just last week has consumed 14,000+ acres and 509 homes. One home being mine. I remember someone posting a pic of his burnt beemer and I thought what a shame. I now know what that individual went through. I'm not asking or looking for sympathy but to tell others to enjoy what is today and be thank full.
    rmac

Sorry man, hope the insurance companies come through for you!

Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    Sorry man, hope the insurance companies come through for you!
    My thoughts also. Hoping for the best for you. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

John
    Quote Originally Posted by 149954 View Post
    It has almost been a year since the Waldo Canyon fire here in Colorado Springs and then this. The Black Forest fire just last week has consumed 14,000+ acres and 509 homes. One home being mine. I remember someone posting a pic of his burnt beemer and I thought what a shame. I now know what that individual went through. I'm not asking or looking for sympathy but to tell others to enjoy what is today and be thank full.
    Working as a Firefighter in California for 32 years I have witnessed many people that have lost their homes to fires. Every one is a tragedy. I am very sorry for the loss of your home and it's contents. Since you did not mention any deaths or injuries, I assume you and any loved ones of the house are uninjured. When it is all said and done, that is something to be thankful for. You and your loved ones cannot be replaced. It is a good place to start!!! Good luck to you and your recovery efforts....
    John

Sorry for your loss, fire is something that can happen to anyone. As always said , things are replaceable even though painful...people are not.

Thoughts to you and all that were affected by this fire...always humbling.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait