Thread: BMW Stunt Rider Teach McNeil

Nickname: Droid

BMW Stunt Rider Teach McNeil

Teach McNeil was at Nick's BMW in Depere Wi this weeked and put on a great show! The level of capability a professional stunt rider has is impressive. Even if, like me, you hate to see the squidly actions of stunter wanna-bees on the highways. Along with Teach he had Leah Peterson, a female stunt rider on her ZX6R bike, Leah has only been riding in total for five years and she shows a lot of riding capability with all sorts of standing wheelies.

He did his stunts on a F800GS complete with Twisted Throttle adventure style bags and top box, and on a S1000RR. But he also used our demo K1600GTL to do wild burnouts (DTS deactivated of course) and some impressive wheelies. What is really impressive is the rolling/turning stoppies he does on both the F800GS and S1000RR. But when a group of young guns showed up on thier various mid-sized sport bikes, he started the show by giving them types on how to ride and look less like a squid. Kinda contrary to the whole premise of the show, but he had a captive audience to teach them something.

I got a change to ride Teach's modified F800GS, modified in that it has a 17" front wheel/tire in place of the stock 21". The bike was still very stable even up to 60 mph, and on the sport bike rubber I was easily able to nearly drag the saddlebags in tight turns. Fun stuff. If you get a change to see Teach in action, you'll be surprised and impressed.

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYVH View Post
    Teach McNeil was at Nick's BMW in Depere Wi this weeked and put on a great show! The level of capability a professional stunt rider has is impressive. Even if, like me, you hate to see the squidly actions of stunter wanna-bees on the highways. Along with Teach he had Leah Peterson, a female stunt rider on her ZX6R bike, Leah has only been riding in total for five years and she shows a lot of riding capability with all sorts of standing wheelies.

He did his stunts on a F800GS complete with Twisted Throttle adventure style bags and top box, and on a S1000RR. But he also used our demo K1600GTL to do wild burnouts (DTS deactivated of course) and some impressive wheelies. What is really impressive is the rolling/turning stoppies he does on both the F800GS and S1000RR. But when a group of young guns showed up on thier various mid-sized sport bikes, he started the show by giving them types on how to ride and look less like a squid. Kinda contrary to the whole premise of the show, but he had a captive audience to teach them something.

I got a change to ride Teach's modified F800GS, modified in that it has a 17" front wheel/tire in place of the stock 21". The bike was still very stable even up to 60 mph, and on the sport bike rubber I was easily able to nearly drag the saddlebags in tight turns. Fun stuff. If you get a change to see Teach in action, you'll be surprised and impressed.
    He is amazing to watch!

vincewinkel
    He is REALLY something. P1016337.jpgP1016345.jpgP1016348.jpg

vincewinkel
    P1016371.jpgP1016448.jpg

At GATEWAY BMW in May, 2013

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Had the chance to talk with both "Teach" and Leah during down-time. Very personable folks. Also spent some time watching videos of Moto GP from Assen, exchanging comments on the race. Small crowd, great show, though.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Definitely, Teach and Leah are great representatives for popular motorcycling that gets the attention of the younger set. But moreso there are both really nice basic people to talk to.

Got some tips from Teach on learning how to wheelie. Still gotta learn to do that on my DRZ400E so I can handle some of the trail stuff better than I do now.

Those pics are the same F800GS I rode. Teach has KTM hubs front and rear, laced up to 17" rims to mount current sport bike tires. Wasn't squirrely at all and turned in very easy, stable right to the edges of the tires. Gets me to thinking of a monster Supermotard F800GS for ripping around town would be a TON of fun. Watching Teach drag the top box for about five feet during a wheelie was impressive. Scared the crap outta me though when he'd lock and skid the front tire for over 15 feet while going at least 30 mph. He did that many times. wild.

I've seen him a number of times at Twisted Throttle.....It's a good show.

"Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by vincewinkel View Post
    P1016371.jpgP1016448.jpg

At GATEWAY BMW in May, 2013
    Obviously highly skilled. However, where's the appropriate pants and boots?
    What exactly is he teaching young impressionable people? (That's sarcasm if you missed it) .
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Saw him a few weeks ago at Max BMW in New Hampshire. Overall very impressed with him.
    Yes he's a stunt rider
    A Latin teacher by profession
    very likeable and easy to talk to
    explained to me about riding very slow using rear brake and clutch
    total control of his motorcycles
    great show
    great confidence in his ability, very positive
    all the dealership employees seemed to really like him and work with him

Just my impressions!
    Janda
    2011 R1200R

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    At Nick's he was full ATGATT.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

BMW Rider

Omega Man Teach McNiel Video

Great video Omega Man!

Thank you!!

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Got to see his show at Leo's in Minnesota, great show and a good guy to talk to!
    '02 R1150RT

I've seen him at Gina's BMW in Iowa City a couple times and he puts on a good time.

Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyatheart View Post
    Obviously highly skilled. However, where's the appropriate pants and boots?
    What exactly is he teaching young impressionable people? (That's sarcasm if you missed it) .
    I've wondered that myself. My guess is the sneakers and jeans allow him better feel as he's moving around on the bike.

At least he wears a lot more than any squid on the road.

I watched him and Leah prep for the show and each were wearing protective armour under their riding gear.