Thread: Windscreen auto-mode re-program?

Windscreen auto-mode re-program?

Anyone ever lose the auto return of their windscreen?

If so, How do I re-program it?

I disconnected/re-connected my seat heater plugs to service the bike. I believe I lost the auto-return position mode at that time.

Thanks.

Pjlew63

2012 Red K16GT
    2012 Red R1150R
    many other non-BMWs

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlew63 View Post
    Anyone ever lose the auto return of their windscreen?

If so, How do I re-program it?

I disconnected/re-connected my seat heater plugs to service the bike. I believe I lost the auto-return position mode at that time.

Thanks.

Pjlew63

2012 Red K16GT
    2012 Red R1150R
    many other non-BMWs
    I do not remember what triggered the problem but we had a K16 with a windshield issue. Only saw this one time so my experience here is limited at best. Bike was attached to the BMW diagnostic equipment which did recognize a windshield problem existed. Problem was resolved within a few keystrokes. Hope this provides some help.

Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    I do not remember what triggered the problem but we had a K16 with a windshield issue. Only saw this one time so my experience here is limited at best. Bike was attached to the BMW diagnostic equipment which did recognize a windshield problem existed. Problem was resolved within a few keystrokes. Hope this provides some help.
    Thank you Billy

I saw a guy who figured out the magic combo on k1600forum.com but I can't remember if off the top of my head (maybe shutting bike off with GPS popped out?). On mine it's always returned to normal on next regular power down. Fwiw

I can't raise my wind screen with the switch. Screen goes up when I eject Nav and back down when reinstalled. Local dealer tells me I need left handlbar switch assy replaced. Parts are back ordered...
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

...Which begs the question - Did the dealer actually hook it up to the diagnostics, or is he "going with the flow" about bad switches?