Thread: Trip to Barber Museum

Trip to Barber Museum

Planning a trip to the Barber Museum on May 30. We'll be out a few days and wondered what else we needed to see in the area. Thinking about heading back to Robbinsville NC area to camp at the Kickstand. Anything we need to see or do between these two points?

Quote Originally Posted by brprider679 View Post
    Planning a trip to the Barber Museum on May 30. We'll be out a few days and wondered what else we needed to see in the area. Thinking about heading back to Robbinsville NC area to camp at the Kickstand. Anything we need to see or do between these two points?
    Little River Canyon near Fort Payne AL
    Mentone Alabama is good stop over, nearby the Canyon and DeSoto State Park
    The Lookout Mountain Scenic Hwy... from Gadsden to Chattanooga and near all the above
    The Great Chicken Rally by Alabama Club is that weekend in Huntsville, AL...

Hope this helps.
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

Cheap Places To Stay Around Barber Museum?

Looking for a cheap place to stay on our trip to Barber. Any advice will be appreciated.

2012 R1200R
    As I just returned from my trip to NC last month, and it's never to early to start planning...

I'll glom on to this thread. Looking to enroll my son in the California Superbike School if they have a scheduled date next May-June as they had this year. I'll be looking for good twisty roads and great barbecue and people to do and things to see... so any advice will be welcome.

thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by brprider679 View Post
    Looking for a cheap place to stay on our trip to Barber. Any advice will be appreciated.
    I can tell you NOT to stay at the America's Best Value Inn. It's just not worth it. I would have slept better under the freeway overpass.
    Jim McGill
    '87 K100RS
    '04 R1150RT