Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Warranty repair doesn't pay for everything...?

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by hogwide@aol.com View Post
    I don't think anybody has said that ownership of a high priced piece of machinery would be cheap. The seller of high end equipment put themselves out there for greater scrutiny. BMW has not performed well. Before I purchased my bike I asked around a bit and got favorable beviews. I must have talked to some that have not had to deal with BMW and a defective machine. The company should be embarrased with about some of the products it sells and how they deal with their customers problems. I love the wy my bike rides but I have not been done right. If I had read this websight before purchasing I would have passed on this brand.
    Look, problems are nothing more than a bump in the road. People tend to get very uptight on these things as I guess they expect perfection for their $20k or more outlay. That simply isn't the way the world works. NASA spends millions and millions (billions?) on space vehicles yet they are unable to guarantee with certainty that it will even clear the launchpad much less return from space. Your $20k becomes meaningless. I know you want to love your motorcycle and you want to think it's the best thing since sliced bread but if you ever worked in a car or motorcycle dealership you would realize how many issues can occur. It's just the way it is.

Get the bike repaired and maybe repaired again. At some point almost guaranteed you will realize the issues have gone away and you can truly love the bike for what it has to offer. Motorcycles are simply not important enough to ruin your life. I ride pretty much 7 days a week and I love motorcycling and I love BMW's in particular. If there's no snow or ice on the road I'm riding. Don't care about rain and don't care about cold, I'm riding. Don't let the small stuff take control of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by hogwide@aol.com View Post
    I don't think anybody has said that ownership of a high priced piece of machinery would be cheap. The seller of high end equipment put themselves out there for greater scrutiny. BMW has not performed well. Before I purchased my bike I asked around a bit and got favorable beviews. I must have talked to some that have not had to deal with BMW and a defective machine. The company should be embarrased with about some of the products it sells and how they deal with their customers problems. I love the wy my bike rides but I have not been done right. If I had read this websight before purchasing I would have passed on this brand.
    That would be a very short sighted mistake. Rarely do you find folks bragging about wonderful bikes never giving trouble. Look around on any site, 95% bad news.
    If that were truly the way things are, BMW or any company would have failed many years ago.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

ride till you can't

Quote Originally Posted by martyhill View Post
    That would be a very short sighted mistake. Rarely do you find folks bragging about wonderful bikes never giving trouble. Look around on any site, 95% bad news.
    If that were truly the way things are, BMW or any company would have failed many years ago.
    A fairly universal truth. I was considering leaving my cable TV service for AT&T's U-verse. I joined a U-verse forum and after spending a few days reading various threads, I really had some concerns. In the end, the new service has been great. And that forum has been helpful whenever I have had some questions...just like our forum.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Ozzie Flyer
    Lets keep this in perspective please. The oem had to pay for oil. Some agree that is a fail others think otherwise. But that is not a significant gripe.
    My last service left a bike with 4 screws left over in the glove box i found when i got home.
    Found where they went and wont use that dealer again. No biggee . No hysterical calls for the death sentence or talk about how BMW has failed the world.
    They sell more bikes than ever and most peoplevare happy.
    If your not great, sell it and move on.
    Stop the hysterics and lets keep some perspective. This forum is for lovers of BMW with all their faults
    Regards
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer
    BE KIND TO HUMANS... THEY BITE

RT in NC

agree to disagree

I agree with much of the prveious post. However when a $2500 + option doesn't work from day one and there are a lot of other people having the same issues it is terrible BMW keeps selling the option and doesn't care about rectifying the problem. Sorry if I don't drink the coolaide. I will not let "the brothderhood" cloud my judgement. If enough people would wake up and vote with their wallets instead of their emotions maybe BMW and other large companies treat their customers with some respect. If I can resolve the problem I will sell the bike and find something else to ride. It wouldn't ber right to dump a problem on another rider or lose money because of a defect. I am not a neophite rider. I have ridden in the hundred of thousand mile on bikes. I was was looking for a dependable quiet bike. I got the quiet. But when the bike is defective from day one my ardor is stirred. Plus BMW's representatives don't care. They say "drink some more coolaide and all will be okay." Hmm look at Germany's history. Seems the mind set hasn't changed. I will drop the issue on here but not with BMW. I didn't realize this forum was for telling each other what a great choice we made. I had hoped it was an open minded place where some help and ideas would arise.
    Last edited by hogwide@aol.com; 07-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Ozzie Flyer
    As i said stop the hysterics
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer

Or , you could have told "that dealer" that you had a "parts residue" problem & have an issue with "that" tech when you do go back. Better to be proactive than running away at times. For all you know "that" tech may be working for the other dealer next time around? Actually this reminds me of most wrecks I rebuilt & the pile of stuff remaining(mostly weird fasteners) that I seemed to have managed to have not found a happy place for them on the car!
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by pch123 View Post
    Lets keep this in perspective please. The oem had to pay for oil. Some agree that is a fail others think otherwise. But that is not a significant gripe.
    My last service left a bike with 4 screws left over in the glove box i found when i got home.
    Found where they went and wont use that dealer again. No biggee . No hysterical calls for the death sentence or talk about how BMW has failed the world.
    They sell more bikes than ever and most peoplevare happy.
    If your not great, sell it and move on.
    Stop the hysterics and lets keep some perspective. This forum is for lovers of BMW with all their faults
    Regards
    I hate to say this but if your criteria was used in determining tech retention every technician in America would be without a job and there would be zero... that's right, zero people left to work on your bike. Apparently your workplace represents perfection?

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by pch123 View Post
    As i said stop the hysterics
    I think there may be a chance you need to back off on the KoolAide...

/ mod hat on /

Folks, let's stop drinking anything, OK? Keep it civil or this, too, shall not pass.

/ mod hat off /
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    / mod hat on /

Folks, let's stop drinking anything, OK? Keep it civil or this, too, shall not pass.

/ mod hat off /

Thanks Mr. Mod. The tone on this forum has certainly changed recently, and not for the better, IMO.
    Piperjim

'95 R1100RS
    '61 John Deere 3010 LP

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
    Thanks Mr. Mod. The tone on this forum has certainly changed recently, and not for the better, IMO.
    I think it's fair to say all parties have been direct and polite. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
    +1 on that point.

Ozzie Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    I hate to say this but if your criteria was used in determining tech retention every technician in America would be without a job and there would be zero... that's right, zero people left to work on your bike. Apparently your workplace represents perfection?
    Dear Billy
    Respectfully suggest you may have missed my point here. I am not suggesting anything about techs at all. I was saying trying to demonstrate if you are not happy with a service vote with your feet but dont blow a single issue out of proportion.
    Best regards
    Paul
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer