Thread: 1993 k75s abs brake caliper question

1993 k75s abs brake caliper question

My 93 K75S is a European model

Quick question: With reference to each of the two bolts sets holding the front brake calipers to the forks, can someone confirm that on his/her bike, that they have two fit bolts (the bolt with a shoulder and incorporated washer) on each left AND right calipers?

I ask as I only have one bolt with the shoulder + washer and that got me thinking.

Thanks

Ghyslain
    1993 K75S Mystic Red Pearl

3 Red Bricks
    The shoulder bolt is only used on the upper hole of the right caliper. Since the ABS sensor is mounted to the right caliper, this insures that the sensor will go back to the same position relative to the ABS ring.

The positioning of the left caliper is not critical, hence no shoulder bolt.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    The shoulder bolt is only used on the upper hole of the right caliper. Since the ABS sensor is mounted to the right caliper, this insures that the sensor will go back to the same position relative to the ABS ring.

The positioning of the left caliper is not critical, hence no shoulder bolt.
    HA! You da man Lee.

Thanks for that quick response. That "fit" shouldered bolt sells for more than $10 in Canada!

3 Red Bricks
    $6.56 at MAXBMW. But, $10.00 is still cheaper than having your ABS sensor crash into the ABS ring on your bike! And since you already have one, you don't need to buy any.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Having been in this situation more times than I care to admit, I find a cheap digital camera and notes invaluable when disassembling for even the simplest project/repair. Like, "Hey, why is one bolt different than the others, and which hole did it come out of?!"
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Hello Rob,

I purchased the K75S used and so there is no guarantee that after two different owners and many years, those bolts, nuts and screws holding the different parts may or may not be OEM nor the right hardware in the right place although I do practice that strategy. However, pictures may not always work. You should have seen the mess holding my K75S fairing; it's stock now!

Hence, I enjoy the feedback from this forum which many of its members are stalwarts of the BMW motorcycle.

Take care,