Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ardys Kellerman

Ardys was a wonderful role model for all women motorcyclists and a true inspiration for women of a certain age who, through her influence, had the courage to get on the bike and ride. Thank you Ardys.

Registered User bluegrasspicker's Avatar
    RIP Ardys

Tom Barrie
    http://bluegrasspicker.blogspot.com/
    2012 K1600GTL
    2002 R1150RT (sold)

Ardys Kellerman certainly lived a full life - from the story I'd read, IIRC, she was a single mom, worked for a long time in the electronics industry and had a passion for adventure and travel by motorcycle. She accomplished a lot and leaves behind a wonderful legacy of being a handful of women to rack up over one million miles on two wheels.

I'm sorry for her loss. If I get to choose "how" I leave this place, I'd rather go fast than sit and wither away in a nursing home! She touched the lives of many!
    Ken Tuvman
    Excelsior, MN
    K75s, R65LS, R60/5

In one of our chats, I asked how she decided a days ride was over...she replied " when I start ducking when I go under an overpass" Classic line!

For the last few years, I often thought about that reasoning at the end of a long day and I was crossing under an overpass... Her face always crosses my thoughts at those moments...and forever will.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

al from chgo burbs lilredroadster's Avatar

So Sad

She will be thought of by all who met her. She went doing what she loved.
    Al From Chgo Burbs
    BETTERMENT THROUGH BADGERMENT

We will miss her greatly.

The loss of Ardys strikes all of motorcycling areas. She was one of a kind and a wonderful human being. Our deepest sympathies to her family and close friends.
    Gin Shear and Sue Slate, Women's Motorcyclist Foundation, INc.

Rally Rat
    A sad day for our club, and for the motorcycling community. She had more guts at 82 than this 46 year old.......

Alabama!

This where she passed? Lost my good friend Lyle Grimes in Louisiana too. The South is taking a toll. Nothing against the South as I am from there. Never met Ardy's, but Legends are made and heard about all over the planet. Wish I had met her. She certainly profiles the Legend Status. A few great folks live life so full and spirited, we just are in AWE of their ability to live it so. Ardy's makes all our lives richer, before and forever more. 80 some years old and what a smile. How could you not love that. RIP, my Friend I never met. Our miles added will always be in your shadow. Look over us. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by kentuvman View Post
    Ardys Kellerman certainly lived a full life - She accomplished a lot and leaves behind a wonderful legacy of being a handful of women to rack up over one million miles on two wheels.

I'm sorry for her loss. If I get to choose "how" I leave this place, I'd rather go fast than sit and wither away in a nursing home! She touched the lives of many!

+1 on that.

You'll be missed Ardys

RK Ryder
    I met Ardys a couple of times. I found her to be a very trusting and giving person. She will be missed by many.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Where does this road go?? Gottago's Avatar
    RIP Ardys. You'll always be in my thoughts.
    "If they are running you out of town
    get in front of the crowd and make it
    look like a parade!"

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    This where she passed? Lost my good friend Lyle Grimes in Louisiana too. The South is taking a toll. Nothing against the South as I am from there.
    Being from the South and Alabama, I find your statement interesting... so if you do the math and add the motorcycle deaths of Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama...together that would equal the deaths in California along...however Florida does exceed California in the same time frame. Looking at the data, many of our Northern friends have only have limited riding time due to weather, unlike the South and California, where we can ride year round...

Looks like no state or area is immune from motorcycle deaths.

http://exchange.aaa.com/wp-content/u...s-by-State.pdf
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

When in doubt, ask yourself: 9153548307_50ba86795f.jpg

So happy I had the good fortune to have spent a bit of time with her...
    Rick Germain
    Rochester, NY USA
    2001 F650GS Dakar
    2011 R1200RT

Barbeque & Burnouts

At 11 AM on July 24 Family and Friends will gather at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 99 Peirce Street, in East Greenwich, RI to celebrate the life of Ardys Kellerman, or as we know her, Queenie.

I can't be there. Physically. But I can send my energy there.

And you can too. I propose we all, at 11 AM EDT on that day, stop what we are doing and tell your favorite Ardys story. To whomever appears in front of you. If you, like Ardys, prefer to be riding, I propose that when you stop for gas or whatever, you tell the next person who appears in front of you an Ardys story. I can see this happening all over the world. A fitting tribute to our dearest friend. Because you didn't have to know her well to be her friend. She had friends everywhere. Instantly.

And, if you'd like you can email me your story at voni@bigbend.net and I promise to share it with her family.

Voni Glaves
    sMiling

Please copy and share the above. Her first favorite daughter, her favorite daughter and her other favorite daughter would love to have you join in.

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles