Thread: Question regarding installation of Suburban Machinery Bar Risers on 2007 R1200RT

Question regarding installation of Suburban Machinery Bar Risers on 2007 R1200RT

I installed risers and it seems as if there is too much tension on the braided clutch line when turning the wheel to the right. What have others done to address this? Thanks in advance, Jim
    2007 R1200RT

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelche2 View Post
    I installed risers and it seems as if there is too much tension on the braided clutch line when turning the wheel to the right. What have others done to address this? Thanks in advance, Jim
    Not an uncommon issue. You may want to reroute but ideally I would replace the cable or hose with a longer one. Don't forget the crush washers if we're dealing with a hose here.

When I replaced the bars on my K sidecar rig I was able to get more slack in the clutch hose by cutting and re-positioning the ties along the frame.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Agree with Bob Weis on the cable the tension. My 2007 R1200RT had all the cable ties cinched down at the factory by Henrick a former East German weight lifter. Loosened them up and used the same kit with any issues. Would advise you to check out your other harnesses. Enjoy your Summer riding.
    Patrick
    R1200 RT
    K100RS
    R90S

Quote Originally Posted by VTBeemer View Post
    Agree with Bob Weis on the cable the tension. My 2007 R1200RT had all the cable ties cinched down at the factory by Henrick a former East German weight lifter. Loosened them up and used the same kit with any issues. Would advise you to check out your other harnesses. Enjoy your Summer riding.
    I removed the rearmost cable tie which ended up providing plenty of slack. Thanks to all.
    2007 R1200RT