Thread: Salem Area Loops

Hybrid View

Salem Area Loops

4 Loops... Cloverleaf style

From 170 miles to 225 miles loops from Red Lion Hotel/Fairgrounds area...
    Maybe someone from the Salem area will chime in with comments on the loops....roads to avoid..roads to add or your favorite loop.

GPX file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

Two of them:)

Don't miss these! "The Gorge thread" above a must read. Tillimook, Oregon on the Coast and the loop road just West of town to the ocean and lighthouse, really cool road. Cheese factory in Tillimook is great stopover, Tours. The Spruce Goose is nearby in McMinnville. Riding anywhere into the Cascades and "volcano country" is real neat. Hwys 20 and 22 towards Sisters, Oregon. For cities, Portland has a great waterfront and a beautiful city to visit. The FAR NW corner of Oregon is Astoria and a very cool, picturesque area on the Columbia River. The US Coast Guard does some of its most serious training there nearby in the surf. Famous for this. Its their "badge of honor" kind a place, getting thru that. Man this could/should give you HOPE, the trips worth it across country, tenfold. Randy