Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Throttle Lock?

+1 Go Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Hadn't seen this before, simple and effective. Thanks!
    You can take your hand off for several minutes at a time when you find yourself on a flat and boring highway. Works as advertised.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Like you, I only need a brief chance to flex the fingers of my right hand occasionally--and then only when I am buzzing along on the slab. I find that when I am "more involved" with the throttle (i.e., constantly slowing and accelerating, as on back roads) I do not seem to need to give my right hand a break. I use the $20 solution (don't know the name) that simply slips over the grip and fits tightly on a rubber band. Works great for me and it certainly maintains my speed for the few minutes that I use it.
    I'm looking at what I call throttle locks or cruise controls-why does the nomenclature have to bring on all the "ain't a real cruise control" thing? most all of us know what they do! A MC requires throttle adjustments on hills-that's not a new story & since the thingys were discussing have no motor they don't move around on their own!. It's about resting your hand,it's that simple.
    There are Throttlemeisters,Wunderlich,Kaoko Y Manic Salamander in the end bar mounts, take yer choice!
    In the clip on versions there are Go-Cruise in the plastic $20 version & they have a tension screw model for $31. Then there is Omni-Cruise for $50 thats CNC machined from alu, has tension screw & also has a plastic delrin rub strip to go against the brake lever. Rider magazine has a writeup on the Omni in latest issue. They are made by a one man business in USA.
    What about the Chinese $20 Crampbuster copies-anyone tried one yet? They come in all colors too.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    You can take your hand off for several minutes at a time when you find yourself on a flat and boring highway. Works as advertised.

Rick
    See my post above-which model are you using?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    See my post above-which model are you using?
    The simple Go Cruise with no tension screw. Works fine. Again, gives you 2 or 3 minutes relief before it starts slowly losing its grip and speed drifts downward.

Rick

I went back and dug out the box that my device came in and it also is the Go Cruise. As I said earlier, it works fine for me. I usually will opt for the simpliest piece of equipment that will get the job done. More frills, more things to go wrong later.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

+1 on Go Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    The simple Go Cruise with no tension screw. Works fine. Again, gives you 2 or 3 minutes relief before it starts slowly losing its grip and speed drifts downward.
    Use these for what they are made for, take some tension off the throttle, allow you to stretch out your arm or simply use your right hand to access a pocket. Bought ours from 'stitch for $14 on sale. Best deal in throttle control today.

Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Thanks guys, I know that nowadays bikes are available with actual electronic cruise-control but I really just want the ability to take my right hand off the grip for a few moments while cruising, I understand these types of throttle locks are not terribly accurate at retaining an exact speed for a long time but I've found a 30 second rest of the throttle hand can be a welcome thing on a long ride...

My thoughts exactly. I don't run down the road very far with my hand off the throttle. I've had/have electronic cruise controls on bikes but the simple throttle lock works just fine, if not better, for me.

I have a Throttlemeister on my 800S but Id rather have a thumb-operated mechanism.