Thread: More questions for my K75 Brothers

More questions for my K75 Brothers

I want to change the trasmission and final drive. I bought some Bel-Ray Hypoid gear oil. 80W-90 the kid said that will work for the transmission and final drive. I just want to make sure this is the right weight before I change it out.
    Also I need to know the right amount for the Trans and Final. Im assuming 4qts for the engine with new filter.
    Thanks for your help Bros!

3 Red Bricks
    I'll check my manual as to the exact quantities when I get home.

In your tool kit, you SHOULD have a factory shock preload adjusting tool. The handle of this tool is also the dipstick for checking the proper tranny oil level (there is a mark about 1/2" from the end). The final drive gets filled to the bottom of the filler threads.

You should try to pickup a Clymers manual for your bike and also a factory owners manual.

01 47 9 799 027 OWNERS HANDBOOK K75-K75RT - AB MJ.93, US (from 08/92) $21.42

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

80-90 is perfect, I like the synthetic, seemed to shift a little easier. .9 quarts in the tranny, .3 qt in the rear end. The oil level should be even with the lowest threads of the fill hole on the rear end. This is the tool you should have to check the gearbox.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    80-90 is perfect, I like the synthetic, seemed to shift a little easier. .9 quarts in the tranny, .3 qt in the rear end. The oil level should be even with the lowest threads of the fill hole on the rear end. This is the tool you should have to check the gearbox.....
    850cc in transmission

to bottom thread of fill hole in final drive
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Thanks Guys I really appreciate it Sincerely Ted

Im assuming 4qts for the engine with new filter.
    Thanks for your help Bros![/QUOTE]

4QTS will probably overfill it. I put in 3 then run the engine to fill the filter. Then add a small amount at a time to bring the level to the center of the glass.
    Ron

91 K75RT ABS