Thread: May we always have an "Independence"Day"

May we always have an "Independence Day"

May the freedom that we earn and deserve be upon us. God please bless this USA............Dennis

http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKsW6c_...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by DennisDarrow; 07-03-2013 at 03:03 PM.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    And also an Independence Day.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DennisDarrow View Post
    May the freedom that we earn and deserve be upon us. God please bless this USA............Dennis

http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKsW6c_...yer_detailpage
    Outstanding video.

Sent it on to my son at Ft. Carson as a Fourth of July message.

Thanks!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Independence Day Reality Check: I'm on this personal thing this week after more of the "trial" & the "leaker" in the news than I can stand ( I just started watching the new National Geographic show-"Battleground Afghanistan" which partly got me on this kick-also one son just returned) & turned to my wife saying, "how many troops do we have in Iraq & Afghanistan"? She answers, "well, a lot I think." & I didn't know the actual number either. So I googled it & came up with 694,000+ in Afghanistan alone, counting the couple hundred thousand of their own national troops & the NATO allies,etc.. LOTS of people, not much news. Iraq is down to only a few guarding the embassy,etc..
    My point is that we have all these people over their & many putting it ALL! on the line & it gets barely any mention at all in the news.
    To hell with the politics of being there or not! It strikes me as the most silent war in history?
    I suppose the media knows (or decided on its own?) that people don't want that war in their news? Well, Independence day is a day for that purpose. Remember those past & present who serve/served.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Surely NOT to turn this into some kind of political thread. The purpose is to celebrate the Declaration of Independence.

My original intent on this thread was to point out that 4 July is Independence Day. The day set aside to recognize and celebrate the document, THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE. An statement by the founding fathers of this country that was directed towards the abuses of the tyranical government that was abusing them.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE DOCUMENT:

http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/document/

It begins with the famous LIFE, LIBERTY, and PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS...........this is so abused by the "rights" folks.

NOW...........scan down to all of the "HE HAS" statements.......the "HE" being the King of England. PLEASE compare these with what is happening to our country today: it's leadership, the citizenry, and what Liberty and HONOR mean to YOU.

Our LIVES, Our FORTUNES, and our Sacred HONOR.........God bless these United States........Dennis