Thread: Tool kit tire iron on 2005 RT

Droptine1968

Tool kit tire iron on 2005 RT

Other then used as a defensive weapon, will the tire iron that came with the tool kit serve any purpose for an R1200rt on the road?
    2005 R1200RT

Think you're looking at something added by previous owner. ... And no.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Droptine1968
    Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    Think you're looking at something added by previous owner. ... And no.
    I don't think so. The tool roll has a diagram picture of what tools go where, and that thing is included, and some of the items do say BMW on them. I'd like to eliminate it because I have T bar with a socket reciever that will take up less spacke.
    2005 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    I don't think so. The tool roll has a diagram picture of what tools go where, and that thing is included, and some of the items do say BMW on them. I'd like to eliminate it because I have T bar with a socket reciever that will take up less spacke.
    You may have an entire tool kit added by the former owner. I have a 2005 RT I bought new and the "tool kit" had only two items - a cable for securing the helmet and a small "wrench" for removing the oil filler cap. Every tool now under the seat I've put there.
    Experience IS NOT the best teacher! Someone else's experience is the best teacher.

Droptine1968
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiee View Post
    You may have an entire tool kit added by the former owner. I have a 2005 RT I bought new and the "tool kit" had only two items - a cable for securing the helmet and a small "wrench" for removing the oil filler cap. Every tool now under the seat I've put there.
    I think some people did get this kit, then some like you got nothing worthwhile in that year. I'm in the process piecing together a much better set of tools then what this kit has. It will still be cheaper then going with the kits like ADV Riders, or Cruz Tools. Being that some of the items are tools and sockets that I have duplicates of already.
    2005 R1200RT