Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '81 R80 G/S Timing Chain Replacement

Rally Rat
    ...late to the party.... but, next time, try using those plastic razor blades for removing gasket material... surprisingly strong, yet they won't nick the aluminum... Also great for scraping paint/paint remover and that type of project.

First time I saw a plastic razor blade I was dumbfounded....wth is that for? ...but they come in mighty handy at times!

87605.gif

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bpeckm View Post
    ...late to the party.... but, next time, try using those plastic razor blades for removing gasket material... surprisingly strong, yet they won't nick the aluminum... Also great for scraping paint/paint remover and that type of project.

First time I saw a plastic razor blade I was dumbfounded....wth is that for? ...but they come in mighty handy at times!

87605.gif
    I have never seen nor heard of a plastic razor blade before. Great idea! Where did you find those?
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    I have never seen nor heard of a plastic razor blade before. Great idea! Where did you find those?
    Me either! Googled and got this.

http://buyaes.com/catalogsearch/resu...plastic+blades
    Ron

91 K75RT ABS

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Checked out a couple of hardware stores here in Vancouver BC today. They never heard of them. Easy to find in the US though. Amazon has tons of them with optional holders. Finally found these at Lee Valley.
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...56,43407,53612

I'll pick some up for my next gasket scraping job. No matter how careful you are it is so easy to nick aluminum. Oil pan gasket is next on the list I think. I might go sillycone with that and see how they do.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT