Thread: Shoei Neotec Flip vs. C3 Flip

Shoei Neotec Flip vs. C3 Flip

I tried on both of these recently in a dealer store & felt the C3 was not quite as comfy as the Neotec in a short, in store, try on session.
    The Shoei seems to seal around my neck better. I'd like comments from users of either or both. I currently wear the previous model Schuberth flip & really like it. Thanks!
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    The Neotec is heavy, I don't take it on rides longer than a couple of hours, other than that, no complaints.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Is it a head shape thing? Maybe the Shoei's shape fits your personal noggin better than the Schuberth?
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

If the C3 doesn't fit like you want, have the S2 interior fitted.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    I tried on both of these recently in a dealer store & felt the C3 was not quite as comfy as the Neotec in a short, in store, try on session.
    The Shoei seems to seal around my neck better. I'd like comments from users of either or both. I currently wear the previous model Schuberth flip & really like it. Thanks!
    If you have a long misshapen head like mine you will likely find the Neotech more comfy than the C3. Tried them both and several others and bought the Neotech because it fit better than any of the others. I don't think it's particularly heavy, it "rides" well in the airstream, has good ventillation, but it is pretty noisy. Never owned a Scheuberth but have had several others, a Nolan, Bell, and most recently an HJC. The Shoei works best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by braddog View Post
    Is it a head shape thing? Maybe the Shoei's shape fits your personal noggin better than the Schuberth?

Thanks for the comments so far-
    I just researched the weight difference: in size large(I wear XL) the C3 is 7 3/8 oz lighter. My head is a typical shape not needing a special fit like Arai,etc. & I think I could like either brand in XL but the cheel area was a bit tighter on the C3. Perhaps that can be adjusted? The parts guy didn't mention that & seemed to want to steer me toward the Shoei-maybe a better $$$ margin for him? I do see new Neotec's for $499 which id cheaper than the C3-Webbike rates them both the same for quiet but the dealer guy said with all the vents open it makes the Shoei a bit louder from air rush.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

People who like Shoei helmets are probably not going to be happy with a Schuberth. They are built for differently shaped heads.
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

Cool

I bought a NEOTEC at the Florida Winter Rally and really like it especially the pinlock for dealing with fogging.

RIDE SAFE
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

I have the Neotec, which replaced my old Scorpion EXO-900. I have almost 3,000 miles on it now and am very happy with it. I don't think it's heavy (it balances well) but again, I'm comparing it to the Scorpion, which was like a boat anchor in comparison. I was able to try on the Neotec, the C3, Nolan N-104 and Lazer Monaco fiberglass and carbon at the same time and bought the Shoei because it fit my head the best. The only thing I don't like about the Neotec so far is that the sunshade fogs up easily even with vents open. Certainly not a deal breaker though. I'd say go with the one that fits the best since they're both great helmets and both have a lot of positive feedback.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715