View Poll Results: Should the MOA have a proactive roll in presenting its members concerns to BMW NA?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would LIKE the MOA to be an advocate for its members concerning possible manufacture defects.

58 39.73%
  • I would NOT like the MOA to be an advocate for its members concerning possible manufacture defects

88 60.27%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Please vote if you think the MOA should have a more proactive stance with BMW NA

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    The BMWCCA website should offer a contact email application at http://www.bmwcca.org/contactform
    Thank you.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by rt 12 rider View Post
    + 1
    Randy may have waited quite a long time in an attempt to repair his motorcycle. But his problem certainly seemed to be legitimate. I had a customer with a seal problem as well. Like clockwork this seal would leak every 8k to 12k. At some point BMW advised her she was on her own. Both the customer and her husband owned RT's. Both extremely well maintained. The reality was BMW needed to replace the motor. Instead we replaced seals every so often. Until it was no longer possible to do so under warranty. In BMW's defense they did offer a single instance of goodwill but it took them so long to come to that decision that we did the repair at no charge for the customer. Then BMW advised me they couldn't guarantee the offer of goodwill for the next occurrence.

This is being done from memory so it may not be 100% detail correct but the leak history and the ultimate non-warranty repair is factual. In this instance the customer was putting on approximately 10k to 12k a year. So she would have the leak occur annually we'll call it. At some point towards the end of the warranty they were not putting on as many miles therefore the wife went beyond the 2 year parts warranty prior to the leak starting again.

Now leak #1 just happens to be leak #1. No big deal, just repair it. Leak #2 occurs and we're wondering whether the shop mis-installed the seal. Always a possibility of course and BMW should certainly not have to pay for the repair if that is the case. But difficult to know with certainty. Just so happens the bike had gone approximately the same mileage as leak #1. A bit odd if we had mis-installed but hey anything is possible. Seal #2 now installed under warranty. Leak happens yet again after approximately the same mileage and now we're getting near the end of the warranty. Seal is replaced third time and BMW is offering no more than the repair. Annual mileage drops due to a variety of reasons but no unhappiness with the vehicle. Next thing you know not only is the bike out of warranty the repair is out of warranty as well. And, the leak comes back yet again in the same approximate mileage.

In retrospect leak #3 should have been the decision point. I wasn't working at this store at that point in time so I am not familiar enough with what occurred to have a valid comment. I only know the end result. But, I was present when BMW pulled the plug. Both the husband and wife were exceptionally pleasant people to deal with and were certainly not the confrontational type. BMW had service history on the unit so why mess with these people? The point in all this? Sometimes you have legitimate circumstances where it can be reasonable to allow time to pass. The next thing you know it's too late. You can't be running around with a hair trigger for every problem that might occur.

Randy may have been guilty of multiple threads and perhaps waiting too long. But he also brought up valid points. Rather than condemn him IMO he is exactly the type of owner that could use this club's support. Assuming there was a support mechanism in place.

Billy, it appears you are the primary "horse beater" here...and quickly becoming the last. We are all well informed of your 30 plus years of more than successful business experience and opinionated stance on customer service and WHO the customer is (as well as who you think as a valid opinion or makes an acceptable statement), you've told us many times. Perhaps that's why the beating continues? However Billy, the horse is "dead".
    '14 R1200RT

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Billy, it appears you are the primary "horse beater" here...and quickly becoming the last. We are all well informed of your 30 plus years of more than successful business experience and opinionated stance on customer service and WHO the customer is (as well as who you think as a valid opinion or makes an acceptable statement), you've told us many times. Perhaps that's why the beating continues? However Billy, the horse is "dead".
    Your opinion is exactly why this club may never make an attempt to support people in need.

No longer a member here
    Well, if the horse is dead, so be it. If the MOA decides that being a voice for the members is not "their thing", then let's just wait for membership renewal time and act approbiately. Let's leave the club to the mileage slaves, the rally fanatics and those who can't wait for the next report of a trip on a GS to South America or Tibet.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    I am a big boy and can fight my own battles. I have yet to lose against a supplier of a defective product and that includes GM, BMW, VW, Volvo, Mercedes and Ford.
    As "they say", nothing like knowing who to pick for your battles...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Allright, it looks like this has finally run its course. We closed this thread initially but decided to reopen it for more discussion. That has gone on now for quite some time. The OP has basically moved on, the polling seems to reflect what the general membership is thinking, and many, many horses have been beat pretty severely. So, the thread will now be closed.

I will say that this subject has gotten some attention and I understand will be part of discussions at the rally among staff members, etc. No real details, but maybe that is the positive out of this whole thing.

Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!