Thread: Bad Day

Bad Day

You know you are having a bad day when you walk out of the office and see your bike taking a nap.

Seriously, I hope the two people in the car are ok. They were both life flighted out.

Jeff
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

Now the fun with insurance companies begins. 2 cars and a truck were totaled plus the damage to my bike. The person that caused the wreck has $10,000 in coverage. Don't think anybody is going to be happy.
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

It sounds like lawyer time or is this one of those cases where you can't get blood out of a turnip? Regardless of the amount of insurance the at fault person has, he is still liable for the damage.
    2004 R1150RT 145,700 miles
    1991 K100LT 126,700 miles
    1982 R100RT 106,900 miles
    Total 379,300 BMW miles

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I hope you have uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage on your policy. It's required by law in VA. If it happened in Va with a Va Policy, your insurance would step in as if they insured the other policy with payment for the damage, rental coverage, etc. If the guilty party is identified, there is no deductible. The insurance would go back and collect their spent money from the guilty party.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I hope you have uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage on your policy. It's required by law in VA. If it happened in Va with a Va Policy, your insurance would step in as if they insured the other policy with payment for the damage, rental coverage, etc. If the guilty party is identified, there is no deductible. The insurance would go back and collect their spent money from the guilty party.
    Ohio requires it but it is somewhat strange in that the offending party has insurance so my uninsured does not kick in and the underinsured only applies to medical costs. It seems like there is some feet dragging going on, or maybe I just want the whole process to go faster. Still waiting to find out about estimates. Don't know yet if Geico has an estimator in my region or not. If not, I will have to take the bike to my dealer (1 1/2 hrs away) and then submit it. I already know what the parts costs are and can guess on the labor so I have a good idea of where I am at money wise.
    Jeff
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT