Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wethead GS Farkles - Post them here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pjohnson387 View Post
    So far I have added the following:

Touratech crash bars both upper and lower
    Touratech expedition full length skid plate
    Rear brake fluid resovoir protector
    Touratech wide foot pegs
    BMW Vario side and top cases
    Touratech metal headlight protector
    Touratech 15mm handlebar risers
    Touratech black radiator guards
    Touratech shaft drive breather hose

Up next:
    Akropovic slip on exhaust
    Heidenau K60 front and rear tires when they become available
    Hope you post some pics when you get a chance! Would love to see that stuff mounted up to the bike.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Motolights:

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

I've posted this stuff elsewhere, but since Bob wants it all in one place

Holan panniers

SW Motech light bar (with Hella Micro DE lights attached). The lights aren't wired yet. Next week.

Wunderlich handlebar bag.

Bags

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post

Holan panniers

SW Motech light bar (with Hella Micro DE lights attached). The lights aren't wired yet. Next week.

What made you go with Homan bags vs Touratech Zega Pro bags? Just curious!! I really dont know much about either but just ordered a set of TT bags.

Size and the availability of the "special" set. Touratech doesn't yet have the special version of their panniers with the cutout for the exhaust. They also are wider on the bike at 38" for the 31/38L set. That makes them the widest part of the bike which I find unacceptable. The mirrors are otherwise the widest part at 37 inches. I like the widest part of the bike to be in front of me, not behind me. The 38L Holan panniers are 35 1/2 inches wide, about the same as the handle bars.

And the Touratech cases are more expensive. If and when they come out with a special set they will be very, very expensive.

Hammam

Holan panniers

How are the Holan panniers? Good quality? Waterproof? Is the mounting of the racks easy? Do you have to modify anything to the bike?

And what capacity are yours?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammam View Post
    How are the Holan panniers? Good quality? Waterproof? Is the mounting of the racks easy? Do you have to modify anything to the bike?

And what capacity are yours?

Thank you.
    See http://www.snafu.org/pics/r1200gsw/2013/0517-panniers/ for the answer to many of your questions. I got the 38 liter bags. The width across the rear is less than the width across the handlebars. I haven't had them in much more than a heavy fog, so can't comment about how waterproof they are, yet. The seal looks good.

ANother image:

Hammam
    Size and the availability of the "special" set. Touratech doesn't yet have the special version of their panniers with the cutout for the exhaust. They also are wider on the bike at 38" for the 31/38L set. That makes them the widest part of the bike which I find unacceptable. The mirrors are otherwise the widest part at 37 inches. I like the widest part of the bike to be in front of me, not behind me. The 38L Holan panniers are 35 1/2 inches wide, about the same as the handle bars.

And the Touratech cases are more expensive. If and when they come out with a special set they will be very, very expensive.
    The 31/38 L. TT Zega Pro 2 are NOT wider than the handlebar. They are narrower by a couple cms. They have put the whole attachment system outside (no more nut and wheel to turn inside the pannier) so I gues they could get the same capacity while making them just a bit narrower. They aslo have a convenient transportation handle integrated on the lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammam View Post
    The 31/38 L. TT Zega Pro 2 are NOT wider than the handlebar. They are narrower by a couple cms.
    Then the measurements on the touratech web page are incorrect or were incorrect when I went looking several months ago.

The 31/38 ltr TT Zega Pro set is NOT wider than the handlebar on my 2013 GSW as well. At the time I was considering Zega Pro panniers the Zega Pro 2 was not available in NA. I appreciate the extra space between the boxes and the exhaust. No measurable heat transfer to the box or it's contents. Only the 38/45 ltr set will be wider than the stock handlebars by about 2 inches. I was tempted with the larger boxes (same price) but larger boxes mean packing more unneeded junk and weight.
    2013 R1200 GSW

Riding is the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing

Wet head GS farkles (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by EMOTO View Post
    Ok, boys and girls, what are you putting on your new water boxer for accessories, and how do you like them?

So far, I have only put a Wunderlich sidestand enlarger plate on mine. I like being able to use the sidestand even on fairly soft ground, and this helps a lot.
    BMW Vario bags + Kathy's liners (from Bob's) - I like easy on/off and lack f visible brackets wen removed
    Touratech cylinder head guards and side stand expander
    California Scientific (CalSci) windshield- a big improvement for a big/ tall guy)
    BMW tank bag (not that thrilled with it)
    Wunderlich handlebar bag - nice design

Next will probably be BMW Navigator IV since I already have the mounting bracket.
    So far so good.

Prodaddy

Additions

Put on a set of platform foot pegs from Twisted Throttle, sidestand enlarger/height increase from Black Dog Cycle Works, Radiator guards and crash bars from Altrider (to be delivered in a couple of weeks), Rox Risers, a low comfort seat from Touratech (will be here Thursday) and a snap lock headlight guard from A&S Cycles. And that's going to be about it for a while!

Would love to see pics of the farkles once they are on the bike.

image.jpgimage.jpgI added a Touratech stand enlarger that works great, a BMW headlight guard as it seems to really go with the bike a little better than others do-personal choice though, Wunderlich passenger footpeg re-locators...my wife loves them as they drop the pegs, move them out from the bike a little and bring them forward. I also added the BMW headlight cover as it appears to be the one that really follows the bikes lines nicely. Awesome and took a whole 20 minutes to install and they look great. BMW luggage that eventually arrived. The Hyperlites are next.
    Last edited by ppaintguy; 11-03-2013 at 04:20 AM.