Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just can't get used to my R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    I REALLY like the look of that.

Was it a kit or did you do a bunch of fabricating?
    I wish I could say it was mine, but it isn't. Rad found the pic on a European bike forum; all we know is this

The headlight treatment is poor, less smooth than the stock RS light. OTOH, I'll bet the light was cheaper than using BMW parts. The fairing/tank joint as the fairing sides drop would have been challenging; I wish we had more pictures.

Still, the overall look and proportion (and color!) are wonderful. I wonder how much weight it added; I wonder what it cost.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
    I wish I could say it was mine, but it isn't. Rad found the pic on a European bike forum; all we know is this

The headlight treatment is poor, less smooth than the stock RS light. OTOH, I'll bet the light was cheaper than using BMW parts. The fairing/tank joint as the fairing sides drop would have been challenging; I wish we had more pictures.

Still, the overall look and proportion (and color!) are wonderful. I wonder how much weight it added; I wonder what it cost.
    The benefit of having been born in Montreal allows me to do some translating....First posting was by a guy looking to buy a fairing for his 1200. The guy who posted that picture doesn't know the person who owned the bike but seems to think it was BMW parts and some fabrication - not a kit.

I saw a kit this week which would turn an R1200R into something that looks like a /7 for a mere 3,100 Euros. Includes old school Krauser-type bags.
    http://canadamotoguide.com/2013/06/1...e-your-r1200r/

Sorry for thread de-rail!

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    OMG, I'm running right now over to the Oil Head pic thread and tell them you said that

Bluehole will love that!
    Dang. Just shoot me now.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    The benefit of having been born in Montreal allows me to do some translating....First posting was by a guy looking to buy a fairing for his 1200. The guy who posted that picture doesn't know the person who owned the bike but seems to think it was BMW parts and some fabrication - not a kit.
    That makes sense. There's not enough volume in doing this to justify someone's putting a kit together.
    Still pretty compelling. If I won the lottery...

I saw a kit this week which would turn an R1200R into something that looks like a /7 for a mere 3,100 Euros. Includes old school Krauser-type bags. http://canadamotoguide.com/2013/06/1...e-your-r1200r/
    Yeah, that was all over the R1200 Board this week. It's pretty, for those of us who think /6s were the ne plus ultra of BMW motorcycle design.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R