Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: '12 RT to '13 GSA

Quote Originally Posted by smross44 View Post
    I have never heard of a GS (or GSA) rider going to an RT. Only RT riders going to GS's...
    Take the GS pill.....you'll never go back.

Sean Ross
    Mmmmm, I did, sort of. There was a VFR in between the two for about 5 years. The RT was a wonderful bike, purchased for all the practical reasons and logic one should buy a RT. That has never worked for me. Motorcycles have always been about passion and lust and that is how I pick them. I sold the RT and bought another used R1100S, the second one I've owned.

Ok, ok, truth be told, I just sold the S and for a few bucks more than I sold the S for I got a stunning low miles R1200R. I just sprung for a little fairing that has a low screen to take care of lust part of the equation. It will be my new "S".

Be like me, buy low, sell high, do it often, and keep changing bikes You only need one that way.

Well, I made the mistake of a test ride. It took about half way through to find that in my opinion, the GSA was just more fun to ride. Don't get me wrong, I love the RT and I'll miss the cruise. It just seems to fall into corners and I get some wind up my sleeves on hot days, which is the majority of the summer riding season. At the same time get good storm protection which I had the chance to experience while riding across PA on Monday. Some time down the road and I can do it, I'll add an RT to the stable. Right now, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372967965.558234.jpg
    J.R., 2012 RT
    MOA #186976
    IBA #42334

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerman View Post
    Well, I made the mistake of a test ride. It took about half way through to find that in my opinion, the GSA was just more fun to ride. Don't get me wrong, I love the RT and I'll miss the cruise. It just seems to fall into corners and I get some wind up my sleeves on hot days, which is the majority of the summer riding season. At the same time get good storm protection which I had the chance to experience while riding across PA on Monday. Some time down the road and I can do it, I'll add an RT to the stable. Right now, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372967965.558234.jpg
    So, you have succumbed to lust. Obviously substantially different than an RT but a fine bike nonetheless. Me thinks you will enjoy!!

Best of luck with the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    So, you have succumbed to lust. Obviously substantially different than an RT but a fine bike nonetheless. Me thinks you will enjoy!!

Best of luck with the bike!
    I have, and thank you! Believe it or not, it worked out financially too so it's a win-win at this point. Looking forward to many miles!
    J.R., 2012 RT
    MOA #186976
    IBA #42334

Nice bike tuckerman! I would like to have one someday.

Btw, you may want to adjust your signature since it still references the ole RT.

Happy 4th of July.

Scot
    2012 R1200RT - Fluid Grey Metallic

Ya did good. New bikes are fun

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
    Nice bike tuckerman! I would like to have one someday.

Btw, you may want to adjust your signature since it still references the ole RT.

Happy 4th of July.

Scot
    Remember though that's his secret RT desire still haunting him.

I'm just back from an almost 11,000 mile ride from central Illinois up to Alaska and then down to the Rally and back. Bike did fantastic. I'm not a fan of CC and see no need for it. Bike was fully loaded, probably overloaded. I don't think an RT could hold a candle to what my GSA went through, including flying through the air, fully loaded, at 80 KPH after hitting a "road repair" that included a big dip in the road. I di, however, replace the ESA shocks with new Tourartechs while I was at Touratech. The ESA units had 40K on them and were beginning to feel a little weak. The Dalton, at 80 MPH on gravel is a blast by the way. Yes, I know the speed limit is only 50 MPH. But eleven of us had other ideas about the speed limit.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by billy walker View Post
    Remember though that's his secret RT desire still haunting him.
    Haha! I can't figure out how to do it on the iPad. Rode from eastern PA to CO. Been camping and getting her dirty. We're both loving every minute of it and I don't want to go home!
    J.R., 2012 RT
    MOA #186976
    IBA #42334

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Personally I would love an RT! It's just that I'm unwilling to trade my GS or GSA on one...and my bride doubts my need for a third bike.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley