Thread: 08 GS ESA suspension options

08 GS ESA suspension options

As my 08 GS ages i was wondering if there are options to strengthen the springs/ shocks and retain the ESA feature? One guy told me to replace the shocks basically eliminated the ESA? I ride two up / loaded a lot...heavier spring in the back would be a plus...valving is fine.
    Last edited by deilenberger; 08-03-2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Added year to title

Works Performance does it. http://www.worksperformance.com/html/new_products.html

They will rebuild your shock to your weight/style and retain the ESA mechanism. I've been torn between doing that or just going full aftermarket as that way I don't have to take my bike out of service for however long while they get rebuilt. I don't use ESA too much and probably wouldn't buy it on a new bike. I'd be fine with just a manual preload adjustment so I can firm it up if I'm riding with a pillion or lots of weight.
    Nate R
    2013 R1200RT 90th - "Tyr" - Purchased 12/13/2013 brand new!
    2007 R1200S - "Sexy Beast"
    2006 R1200RT "Wōden" - 84k - Retired and sold

P Monk

want to watch how to install esa shocks?

P. Monk
    My prized possessions. 74 R90/6 Mine! (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant. My most prized possession is my relationship with Jesus!