Thread: R1150RT-P Headlight Problem

R1150RT-P Headlight Problem

Hello All,
    A few weeks back I lost the high beam on my '04 R1150RT-P. The high beam switch activated the indicator light, but not the actual bulb itself. I finally got around to chasing it down today, wanting to replace the bulb (old one looked fine), and check ground connection and power at the bulb. The problem I believe I ran into is the carrier for the H3 high beam was broken. There are two little plastic tabs, that secure the metal bulb holder to the entire assembly. Well, one of the plastic tabs was busted and the bulb was sitting funny in the holder... hence, my problem I believe.

Here's my challenge, I cannot find any parts fiche that shows this part, it doesn't have a part number and I'm at a total loss. I need to get this replaced so I can get Eva back on the road.

Help!

- Randy

If you are referring to the bulb's socket, check on the K-bike fiche; it's shown separately there.
    You could also get a stronger higher-temperature replacement at NAPA or similar outlets. Just need to do a little cutting & soldering.

Solution!!

Through some creative internet searching, I was able to find the following two part numbers from MAX BMW:
    Look at the parts for a 2004 K1200LT.... for whatever reason. It would be nice if the fiche for this model had this option listed???

Below are the part numbers.

63122305854 BULB SOCKET 1 $11.45 (plastic part)
    63122305859 BULB SOCKET 1 $9.97 (metal part)

Ordered and hopefully here soon!

- Randy