Thread: My 1994 K75S getting that old?

My 1994 K75S getting that old?

Took a ride west on OK Route 66 this past Saturday. Stopped at the Rock Cafe in Stroud for breakfast then headed further west to Warwick.

Warwick, OK. is a very small dot on the map with a cool 1924 DX Gas Station that is now a Motorcycle Museum. http://www.seabastation.com

I parked out front and went in to take pics and stretch my legs. A group of 10 riders followed in behind me all from Italy.

When I went back out to the bike there were 2 young men riding brand new Harleys with dealer tags still in place.

They were standing by my bike giving it a look over. They asked me what year it was. I replied that it was a '94 Brick and they replied, "Sure is in great shape for a bike that old".

One young gent then went on to tell me that "It should be inside the museum here, amazing that you are still riding it"

If you don't ride them they will die, I respectfully replied.

Another great ride on Route 66. Car shows, Parades, a wine tasting festival and lots of riders out for a spin.
    Expect The Unexpected

Your odometer mechanically resets, right?
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

I wasn't quite sure how to take it when a friend and fellow rider referred to my '87 as "vintage."

"Hey! It was new when I was in high school!"
    2000 R1100RT / 1987 K75C (RIP) / Santa Clarita, CA

Oddly, people think my Ural is vintage and the K has the historic tags
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

You should have seen the looks and heard the discussions that my 1985 K100RT started when we rode it to North Carolina. "Vintage, Classic, and the ever popular, "You rode that all the way here?!". And that was from fellow BMW riders!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

Yet, some people look at the early K bike and think they are a new model. Just happened to me last Saturday. Go figure.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

K75RT Keith
    Yes it is getting old. So are you so what is the problem?

K=bikes go 200,000 miles easy and the new ones may not make it that far without a rebuild.

If you enjoy it, ride it. If your hung up on having the coolest and newest bike, then sell it and trade up/out every 2 - 3 years. Why you'd do that is beyond me. With as smooth as the K75 is, I'd be hard pressed to make a change

Check the age of the guys commenting on your bike. A 10 year old bike is "old" to a guy who's 20.

at a nation rally, few years back. We stopped for a break, next to a motor home, in the motor home was some younger people and an older couple riding a 2007 BMW, can't remember model. He was 92 years young and she was 89.

At the rally they came in second in oldest combination, rider age + passengers age + age of bike. Th lost to a couple who were in their late 60's and their BMW was a 1932 model.

Let ride long and hard, also ride what you got, no matter what the age.
    MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]

I'm still waiting for my '87 to be old enough to be worth some money. Hasn't happened yet.
    The only honest answer to your question is "It depends".

No longer a member here
    1994? Old? Look at it this way: Only two more years and it can legally start drinking.....

Nickname: Droid
    Stopped at a local "Two Wheel Tuesday" event some years back, when my 94 RS had only 155,000 miles on it (172,000 now). Parked next to some Harleys. As I was taking off my jacket one guy says, "Wow! Lots of miles on it, what year and how many engine rebuilds?"

I replied, "94 and zero, all original engine that I have never had to go into. Just regular maintenance."

They looked on in disbelief. I quietly chuckled to myself.

Our club, and BMWs, were the featured bikes at a cruise night event three years ago. I made up a poster board that listed the top ten high miles bikes ridden and parked there, totalling over 1.5 Million Miles ridden on bikes still being ridden every day. No trailer queens. My bike was number five on the list.

Beemerphiles are a little pre-occupied with high mileage numbers (eg., all the distance awards at the national) Harley folks the attraction seems to be chrome, sound, or herd instincts. My K has 186,000, painted cameo and I ride alone generally.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up